[Help] Implementing Vehicles

//VF_HAS_FUEL                     = 0x0100,                   // TODO : find out what energy type is fuel and implement this

This is used for example in Ulduar vehicles I think...(on TC2 it works, I think we can inspire..)

As i said: When you spawn vehicle(.npc add) its not vehicle, but normal creature.

Flying vehicles does not work? I tried frost wyrm from DK start location, and it cant fly. Maybe just wrong movement type, on rastikzzz's patch it worked fine :/

Accessories is not complete, when vehicle dies accessory not, etc(but Im working on this)

Thats all I found...

Well, I should do the same :)

ok i'll try to implement HAS_VUEL flag.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 1.5 hours of debugging I have come to next conclusion: We have to rewrite CMSG_CHANGE_SEATS_ON_CONTROLLED_VEHICLE handler in more correctly way.

The errors appears cauze we try to change our place in a vehicle being in other vehicle (Accessory).

TODO: Accesoryes can turn but not move.

why can't you improve rastikzzz's patch it is still 3.0.9/3.1.3 (not sure) it was one the best patches released
Rather artful patch I need some times to understand how it work.

The main problem is, that vehicles are creatures. We need to discuss it and choose a right way to implement a vehilces.

We must spawn vehicle, not creature. May be smbd knows a right way to implement it.

TODO: Accesoryes can turn but not move.

And...thats wrong? I mean they are in seats, so they move with vehicle...

The main problem is, that vehicles are creatures. We need to discuss it and choose a right way to implement a vehilces.

We must spawn vehicle, not creature. May be smbd knows a right way to implement it.

It looks like base idea of current patch is wrong :(

I have the qustions for a devs or a knowledge peolpes.

How to make strongly connection between spawn and npc? I'd try to implement it by including the new condition in respawn()

if (isVehicle() && isAlive()) return;

in respawn() but it failed.

Oh god, a minute passed After I posted my question and I obtained the answer.

When we click on a vehicle it constructing a new one. And we obtain the vehicle.

But spawn became free. And it call to respawn.

I wish to connect a vehicle and it's spawn.

May be we can overwrite isAlive func for the vehicle's class or do smth else in this way.

Kind time of the days, Respected.

I will ask the help to instal to me this patch on "8932" version of acore. There are errors at flood filling. I ask a pardon for my English. Has read many posts and messages, but has not understood. In advance thanks! To me it is very important.

Kind time of the days, Respected.

I will ask the help to instal to me this patch on "8932" version of acore. There are errors at flood filling. I ask a pardon for my English. Has read many posts and messages, but has not understood. In advance thanks! To me it is very important.

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git
cd mangos
git checkout -b vehicle
git pull git://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project.git vehicle
git diff -p master vehicle > vehicle.patch
cp vehicle.patch ../path/to/your/patches
git checkout master
patch -p1 -l < ../path/to/your/patches/dualspec.patch
patch -p1 -l < ../path/to/your/patches/vehicle.patch

I do so...

but... I understood one thing.

I got a clean source... Then

git pull git://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project.git vehicle

then

patch -p1 -l <dua.patch

now compiling... then testing...

and I notices 3-4 SQL errors,,,

but a made vehicle.pacth as diff master vehicle....

Well ... see how It Will work

sorry for my bad English

is difference as I apply updates from vehicles previous to MaNGOS updates or not?