Git Gone down the drain

Guest The_Game_Master

I don't know if anybody noticed but in the past 2 weeks or more the Git Network it stopped updating.

I'm refering to this link http://github.com/mangos/mangos/network so don't imagine anything else.

I was expecting more then 6 months until Git craps his pants and start overloading (remember SVN a while ago?), but looks i was mistaking.

Anybody got any ideea what may have caused the event? There's no data about it anywhere.

But if you need to apply a dosen of other patches, then no, git is not working fine.
It still works fine even then, assuming you do it properly, by merging branches or at least using properly formatted patches (that you can use with git am) and fixing conflicts is easy if you use the tools which suit you best.

If you're working on the master branch then yes, git is working fine. But if you need to apply a dosen of other patches, then no, git is not working fine.

i'm working with ca. 8 branches and i have no problem. this network graphic is nice but it is not needed for the work with git.

I had no problems with GIT, you can ever rescue some things when you do a mistake or something..

merging branches or implement patches works fine aswell...

i mean git is the best thing which could ever happend...

learn the commands and learn to work with it and you will love it...

I don't know if anybody noticed but in the past 2 weeks or more the Git Network it stopped updating.

I'm refering to this link http://github.com/mangos/mangos/network so don't imagine anything else.

I was expecting more then 6 months until Git craps his pants and start overloading (remember SVN a while ago?), but looks i was mistaking.

Anybody got any ideea what may have caused the event? There's no data about it anywhere.

Can confirm, always i take a look on it, it stay at date: 15.05.09 what happened with github?

I look there often, to see new Updates or core modifications - anytime for c++ codes too...so please fix the problem with git:(

This thread just proves that majority of people who criticise git don't understand it, or DVCS in general. Git is working fine, and it handles much bigger projects (linux kernel, anyone?).

Never said that we don't understand git so we criticise it. Like i don't have to be a fan of it or agains it to discuss a problem that occured.

Perhaps if there weren't too many useless forks (I guess 90% of them haven't received any new objects which aren't on mangos), it would make the graph update faster ..

This is very mutch true. Perhaps aproved branches?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use