Playerbot (archive)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you even fix merge errors if you can't see what causes them? I get merge errors in ChatHandler.cpp and mangosd.conf.dist... And I don't see whats wrong with them...

I use git gui and it shows everything that needs to be fixed along with while it's open you open the file in note pad and serch for the problem, it's usually a cleanup at that point...BUT there are times even I get lost in how to fix an error....then I SCREAM for HELP!....

Yes, it will be updated shortly. I know the existing code is compatible with MaNGOS [9147], just a small change to PlayerbotAI.cpp. Search for the occurance (Two occurances) of MOVEMENTFLAG_FLYING2 and change it to MOVEMENTFLAG_FLYING. The code will then compile without issue. It won't be long before I push the merge.

Cheers

this code DEFINITELY works with 9147.... in fact, i found the source of the flightmaster bugs... ultimately those of you that are using the vehicles branch from Valhalla-Project should clone the master repo from there and then add your other mods from there.. they fixed the vehicle code to work correctly with 9147 in the master branch but not the vehicle branch.

alternatively you can hit my repo's master branch and get 9147, mangchat, playerbot, and vehicles already merged and working correctly inc. the flightmasters

Hey all, I'm brand new to C++ but love the idea behind player bot. Is there a version compatible with the 3.3a cilent? I'm presently using a repack of mangos at 3.3a. I'd love to get a playerbot version up and running and start getting my head around the coding to help out if I can.

Cheers :)

Hey all, I'm brand new to C++ but love the idea behind player bot. Is there a version compatible with the 3.3a cilent? I'm presently using a repack of mangos at 3.3a. I'd love to get a playerbot version up and running and start getting my head around the coding to help out if I can.

Cheers :)

try reading this thread.. your answer is there

just for the record... my latest Master repo is in error... there is something wrong with the character creation will fix repo when i have a chance

i.e. you cant create chars

personally this flightmaster issue is really ticking me off... DaemonCantor believes he founda fix for it but it requires Quice and I cant figure out that damn tool no matter how hard I try... i KNOW that its the vehicle branch thats screwing up my flightmasters... if I take Tasss's master branch the flightmasters work but the server wont let you make new chars... if i use the vehicle branch, you can make chars but the flightpoints are broken....I wish they would clean up that repo

Hi Guys,

For those of you who are interested, I have at last updated the Blueboy fork. It is compatible with MaNGOS[9162], and compiles without issue :D

Cheers

am pulling it now... i am repititously mixing repos til i can rebuilt tiamat without the above errors... blue you are doing a great job with this repo bro

am pulling it now... i am repititously mixing repos til i can rebuilt tiamat without the above errors... blue you are doing a great job with this repo bro

for those of you that are interested in the blueboy repo merged with mangchat, vehicles, ahbot, and mangos 9170 fully functional at the best of what all included mods have to offer... make sure to hit my repo's master branch

for those of you that are interested in the blueboy repo merged with mangchat, vehicles, ahbot, and mangos 9170 fully functional at the best of what all included mods have to offer... make sure to hit my repo's master branch

I can't create a new Gnome rogue character with error "Creation of that class requires an account that has been upgraded to the appropriate expansion". I am aware of realmd db with table expansion "2" and this error only occurs with your 9170 rev. your last rev 9141 works fine.

will double check to see if that runs on my server... if it does not, then it means i may have screwd my repo during forced update and I will just wipe the branch and push it clean

but for the record.. in my testing of this repo I made a bloodelf rogue and it worked fine whereas previous char creation issues like this would not allow such a class/race to create claiming wrong expansion

yesterdays push of the server you couldnt even make a human warrior...

confirmed the bug... found the resolution too... DO NOT APPLY THE SQL UPDATES IN THE PROJECTUPDATES folder

First off, this is about playerbot, not some other custom branch, please ask these questions in an appropriate thread or create a clean one.

To get back on topic :

I'm sure i'm too early with this, but would like to point out that the current branch is not (auto) merging with a clean mangos branch (3.3.0)

From git://github.com/blueboy/mangos

* branch master -> FETCH_HEAD

Auto-merged src/game/CharacterHandler.cpp

CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/CharacterHandler.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/Creature.cpp

Auto-merged src/game/Player.cpp

Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

Pulled MaNGOS version is : 9173

I'm not a coder so have to admit i cannot help with this. Once again, just pointing it out.. nothing more.

When bots die they are resurrected in stages.

1. BOTSTATE_DEAD where the bot becomes a ghost, a corpse is created, and the ghost is relocated in the nearest graveyard.

2. BOTSTATE_DEADRELEASED where the bots ghost is teleported to it's corpse, and then resurrected.

3. BOTSTATE_NORMAL bot is alive.

Occasionally bots die in the wrong state (I have noticed that the bot's avatar on the client turns blue). They are

neither BOTSTATE_DEAD or BOTSTATE_DEADRELEASED. The bot is actually teleported to the players location without a

ghost. It appears on the minimap, but is invisible. The only way to then resurrect the bot (prior to the fix) was to

login as the bot, and then get the bot to search for it's corpse. This could be difficult, particularly if you not sure

where his corpse is.

PlayerbotAI:UpdateAI() handles resurrection events.

NOT BOTSTATE_DEAD AND NOT BOTSTATE_DEADRELEASED

It first clears relevant flags and sets the bot status to BOTSTATE_DEAD.

BOTSTATE_DEAD

Unfortunately, these bots already possess a corpse and the condition causes a code loop. I added a state change to

BOTSTATE_DEADRELEASED, to bypass creating another corpse.

BOTSTATE_DEADRELEASED bots are now teleported to the corpse and resurrected as normal.

I have uploaded the fix to github ;)

Hello Blueboy,

still i have trouble with bots and resurrecting. I`m using mangos rev 9110 + sd2 rev 1532 + ahbot + vehicle support and playerbot from you.

When a bot dies everything works well, but when the bot leader, aka the real player dies, he cannot be ressurected. It seems he becomes the same state as the bots prior to the quoted changes.

I don`t know, if this is fixed with newer releases of playerbot, or if any other mangos user face the same problem. Butt maybe you know what to do.

Regards warrior

First off, this is about playerbot, not some other custom branch, please ask these questions in an appropriate thread or create a clean one.

I am using playerbot which is included in erazare repo and for your information, I was talking about the playerbot's merging from blueboy which may coz the problem.

erazare, I just did git diff between your repo and Valhalla/vanilla mangos/blueboy and I found this

-    //char*       name[16];                                 // 5-20 unused
+    char*       name[16];                                   // 5-20 unused

I commented back the variable and now I can create the character again. I don't certain about this fix but it may give some idea.

Hi WOLFMAN,

I do not wish to get angry with users, but I am forever telling people that the version of MaNGOS I say the code is compatible with, is the ONLY version that it is guaranteed to work with. Occasionally, the code will work with a future release of MaNGOS, but this is not guaranteed.

In my post #539, I stated that the latest code is compatible with MaNGOS[9162],and not MaNGOS[9173]. If you look at the

MaNGOS changelog, you will see that there has been a change to CharacterHandler.cpp in MaNGOS[9164]. I will address this issue when I update blueboy next.

EDIT: I just pulled MaNGOS [9173], and applied the 'playerbot.patch' create from the MaNGOS[9162] merge. I had no conflicts?

Have you got any other core mods in the code, that may be conflicting with the merge? Look inside CharacterHandler.cpp, the system will mark where the conflict occurs, when a merge fails.

Cheers

Hi warrior,

I can't say I have experienced this on my server, however I will need details. Can you describe fully what happens when your player dies. For instance,

Are you transported to a graveyard?

Is there an angel in the graveyard to force resurrection?

What happens when you find your corpse?

Are there any unusual messages popping up on your client or server?

The non-resurrection fix would only effect the bots and not the player

Please get back to me.

Hi warrior,

I can't say I have experienced this on my server, however I will need details. Can you describe fully what happens when your player dies. For instance,

Please get back to me.

i have to say blue, you are far more patient than I am with some types of people

Wolfman... if you FOLLOW what i am writing about the branch that I am working on it incorporates playerbot and I am always USING this mod.. my branch is just showing that it will work with combinations of revs and the latest releases... if you dont have an interest in what i say skip the paragraphs after my name..

Hi WOLFMAN,

I do not wish to get angry with users, but I am forever telling people that the version of MaNGOS I say the code is compatible with, is the ONLY version that it is guaranteed to work with. Occasionally, the code will work with a future release of MaNGOS, but this is not guaranteed.

In my post #539, I stated that the latest code is compatible with MaNGOS[9162],and not MaNGOS[9173]. If you look at the

MaNGOS changelog, you will see that there has been a change to CharacterHandler.cpp in MaNGOS[9164]. I will address this issue when I update blueboy next.

EDIT: I just pulled MaNGOS [9173], and applied the 'playerbot.patch' create from the MaNGOS[9162] merge. I had no conflicts?

Have you got any other core mods in the code, that may be conflicting with the merge? Look inside CharacterHandler.cpp, the system will mark where the conflict occurs, when a merge fails.

Cheers

note: this repo works perfectly fine with 9173.... *I* did have to make some merges due to my repo, but nothing serious. still working fine blue... wish i could say the same about mangchat... thats what seems to be screwing my repos...

Hi warrior,

Please get back to me.

Hello blueboy,

sry for inconvenience. I`ve found the error, it`s item Lifestone (restore 10 HP every 5 sec) :(. The item seems to bugged, after removing from char everything worked fine.

Regards warrior

blueboy,

Please help me. I have followed your post to grab a patch and I am getting merge errors. I cannot figure out what I need to do, despite 20 years programming experience :(.

I have created my own fork of mangos on git hub, identified check in 9162 and set a branch on that. I then checkout to that branch and add your repository. I get a load of conflicts that I have to manually merge, just by accepting the combined result, however NPCHandler.cpp is not so easy and I cannot understand whet the result should look like.

Do you have a patch file I can use to apply to my branch at 9162 (or I can apply it to a later branch if that's what you have).

I do not have any other patches applied to my working copy.

Thanks for your help

Klunk