[Programmer] Can I support?

Hey again,

I did the exact same thing as explained here:

http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=7318&highlight=source

And I used a client 3.0.9 to extract dbs, maps and vmaps. But i get the same problem over again, missing table character_equipmentset:

"ERROR: Table 'characters.character_equipmentsets' doesn't exist" (checked with Navicat)

Is the characters DB on the wow repo not up to date with the core of the repo?

If anyone has a clue, just let me know

thanks in advance.

• 39 years later...

Hi all,

I'm still new to this forum but not new in programming. I'm an enthusiastic programmer (in my last year of college, studying informatics) and I've been studying the core of mangos for some time now. I'm willing to participate in the development of mangos 3.1.3 .

Can I just make fixes and post them on this forum or is there a certain chain of command? Should i subscribe on any SVN server or GIT server to be up to date with the latest core and DB files?

Kind regards,

David

a true mangos fan :lol:

of course you can help :)

just take you something which doesn't work (e.g. have a look into the bugsection here in the forum) and fix it. then post the patchfile in the "under review" section and wait for comments ;)

you should update your mangos/sd2/udb/acid from time to time (at least update to the newest version before you post a patch, so it's then compatible with the newest version).

if you make much changes then you should use an own repository, then it's easier for you. just register at http://github.com/ and fork the mangos repo and then clone your own repo to your local harddisk (git clone) and commit your changes instead of creating patchfiles ;)

Thanks for the replies already,

I did download the latest clone of mangos, the only problem was that the database was inconsistent.

There should have been a patch for characters_equipmentset because I lack that table in characters DB.

I've found the patch in the mangos repo in the sql/patches directory but when i try to apply he keeps referring to the previous patches. There are about a hundred of em and I don't believe the latest mangos clone wouldn't have implemented them yet.

I believe this might be because of the switch to 3.1.3 support, so i wait in patience.

Kind regards to all mango fans ^_^,

David

I'll check it once more, i did it with the guide btw ^_^ and have been running a wow server 3.0.9 for quite some time now. I hope with all the support i can get going on modifying and fixing bugs in the future :)

I'll post back when I get it to work, or not at all :lol:

Thanks in advance,

David

I'm rebuilding the mangos core as we speak,

but I'm a bit confused about the core at the moment. Is the core being developed for wow client 3.1.3 or are we preparing in 3.0.9 to be ready for a switch to 3.1.3?

I need to know this before i will get some errors for wrong dbc or map files.

At this moment i have extracted the dbc, map & vmap files from wow client 3.0.9

I'll be delighted if anyone can clear this up for a moment.

Thanks again in advance,

David

Thank you very much,

I just found out to :lol:

Some required *.dbc files (7 from 78) not found or not compatible:

./dbc/BattlemasterList.dbc (exist, but have 34 fields instead 35) Wrong client version DBC file?

./dbc/Holidays.dbc (exist, but have 54 fields instead 55) Wrong client version DBC file?

and so on ^_^

I'll be up and running in no time to test 3.1.3 and fix bugs thanks to you guys. I'll let you know how far I get in running a working copy of mangos 3.1.3

Kind regards,

a happy mango fan :),

David

Well,

at least i got through the dbc and map files :lol:.

now i get this after loading the first few objects:

ERROR:Error in gameobject_template table, probably sql file format was updated (there should be 39 fields in sql).

I believe i still have no consistent DB for some reason. Is there a direct link to the most recent DB consistent with Mangos 7988?

Thanks in advance,

David

EDIT: Never mind, it seems that i only updated the characters DB and not the mangos DB nor realm DB , I'll update you further progress

OK,

the server is up and running, means right now I can go with the flow and fix bugs or even create dual spec right? :)

is there a way to import characters from 3.0.9 to 3.1.3 ? because the DB has been modified a lot. (I can do it all manual but it'll take a lot of time tough ^_^)

That way i have 3 beta testing friends waiting to find bugs :lol:.

Thanks for all the hard work, I'll repay you people double with fixing bugs.

Kind Regards

David