[Help] World Chat

Guest ZeratuelX

I am looking to implement a feature for world chat into my server but am unsure how to go about doing this. I have found guides for what I would like to accomplish, but they are for ArcEmu and the code is so different that they are nearly inapplicable. I would prefer not to use channels (general, lfg, /1, etc.) and maybe use officer chat like I have seen done on a few servers if possible.

Does anyone know how to make a feature like this?

-----

Also, as a side note: does anyone know how to change the format of the .announce command? I don't want it to be red and I want to add the GMs name who announced it.

Not quite, but closer.

If you've played on some servers like Undamed or Eternion you'll know what I'm talking about. It's not really a channel, its more like a global announce in a way. Except its a different announce than the .announce command. It works kinda like this:

Player "Someone" types: "/o Hi all!"
Output to all players in world: "[World][someone]: Hi all!"

/o is just an example of a text channel we could replace. Officer chat seems like the most common to replace for this type of feature.

• 9 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use