[Fix] Triggered Spell Mechanics and Miss Chance

Auntie Mangos

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

• * Added a "canMiss" flag which is set to false when the spell is triggered, but not from a proc. This prevents miss chance from being factored in multiple times when calculating miss for Judgements, Stormstrike, Mutilate, Whirlwind. These should only have one miss roll.
    * Fixed the miss chance of SPELL_DAMAGE_CLASS_RANGED spells so that spells that don't really use a ranged weapon (meaning they don't have SPELL_ATTR_RANGED) always use max skill. (This includes judgements and blind)
    * Also made the scripted spell triggered by Chimera Shot count as a triggered spell.

For which repository revision was the patch created?

Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

Judgement miss chance - http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=8131

Freezing Arrow - http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=6923

Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

Myself

Patch

• 39 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Meaning: must be moved to rejected as outdated?

Actually, I meant to say that it's not up to date and I haven't tested it since 8193, but I think the bugs covered still persist.

Edit: Updated for 8379. Maybe there's a better way to do

+    // Procs can miss, weapon enchants can miss, triggered spells and effects cannot miss (miss already calculated in triggering spell)
+    bool canMiss = (m_triggeredByAuraSpell || !m_IsTriggeredSpell);

though, it's too strict in that it requires scripted spells triggered from auras to NOT have a m_triggeredByAuraSpell for this spell to work (like Judgements as triggered from Seals, or Chimera Shot as triggered from stings).

Also, removed the cooldown hack in this patch, wasn't really related, and perhaps a better way to have done would have been in the AddSpellAndCategoryCooldowns, like this.

• 4 months later...

Maybe some flag exist in spell data... Ofc, possible add special arg to cast function and send into main spell entry for make difference casted subspell from main spell from just script casted boss spell, but for example exist spell do oofhand attack and it expected to have own miss chance...

I also think that

bool canMiss = (m_triggeredByAuraSpell || !m_IsTriggeredSpell);

too strong, and m_IsTriggeredSpell originally only meaning that this not client side cast and then it not get spell casting slot for caster. Why and from what it triggred not defined...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...