MAC Address Logging

Guest Grayfm

Since you opened this thread - I said it before and I say it again; mangos should have IMHO only account and character level bans. Just because the server is on application layer. I really doubt the official client uses specific TCP/IP implementation, you can probably connect with it via IPX link. The same should be true for mangos, it shouldn't care about the network (layer 3 and lower in ISO/OSI model), libraries can do that.

I mean - the MAC thing is link-layer-specific, not all devices use the classic 14byte ethernet header, same applies to IP or any other layer3 protocol, unless the client sends it's IPv4 address explicitly in TCP payload (hell we shouldn't even rely on TCP, mangos' only interest is the network packet data, not headers).

Yes, there can be situations where you need to ban someone without admin access, those situations might be rare though. I don't know whether the subhuman's link is some kind of P2P proxy, if it is, that's one of the solutions. No root / admin rights are needed (simply don't install it globally, use local structure), it simply serves as transparent proxy.

If it isn't, you can write yourself a one. A simple IP relay (in -> check -> listening socket) should do the trick. However in case of a packet flood, it's better to filter those in the kernel.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use