[Patch] Extrapolate ppmRate data for ranks in mSpellProcEventMap

Guest nos4r2zod

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

• * Extrapolate ppmRate data for ranks in mSpellProcEventMap (calculate ppmRate for successive ranks using [ppmRate of first rank] * rank)
    * Delete a newly added hack for Maelstrom Weapon
    * Switch Killing Machine to ppm system and remove crit requirement for proc as per 3.0.8 changes
    * Small cleanup in tables:
    * Add spell chain data for Unbridled Wrath, Killing Machine, and Furious Attacks; delete higher ranks in spell_proc_event.
    * Delete ranks 2-4 for Shadow Embrace (not completely related to this patch, but not needed anymore)

For which repository revision was the patch created?

Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

Don't think so, mostly just cleanup

Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

Myself

I disagree with the Maelstrom Weapon check added in [8253]. I see that Unbridled Wrath would need to be handled the same way if it had spell_chain data, and I didn't find any procs that would be broken by this patch.

Patch

SQL

Edit: It looks like Unbridled Wrath is 3ppm per rank, based on the most recent tests I could find

Fair enough. My initial thinking was that spells that didn't need increasing ppmRate could just not be added to spell_chain. But I suppose that contradicts how spell_chain is being used to make the other spell related tables more maintainable.

I did try to filter spells (in dbc) with description containing the word "Rank" (since as you mention, these spells do say something like "More effective than Rank x-1"), and then looked through them to find these four spells that could use this extrapolation.

I also looked through spells with procChance 100 (Am I correct in assuming all ppm spells have "100 procChance" in dbc? That is the case for all the spells currently in spell_proc_event) with a rank in the description (m_nameSubtext_lang) and an aura that could proc, and found only Vindication that used a ppm which didn't increase with rank.

Well, one way this patch might be made less general (at least in the case of these 4 + 1 spells) would be to compare the id of the triggered spells for different ranks. All ranks of the first four spells will proc the same spell, whereas in the other case, Vindication will proc different spells for its two ranks. But still, it's a rather convoluted change for just these handful of cases.

One final note: the second rank of Vindication has a higher ppmRate than the first rank:

SELECT * FROM `spell_proc_event` WHERE `entry` IN (9452, 26016);

Edit: something like this patch?

One final note: the second rank of Vindication has a higher ppmRate than the first rank:

But with decrease.

I not found cleary referenses to expected ppm for this spell

(9452, 26016);
It required special chance==100 case for 62124 in code.
Well, one way this patch might be made less general (at least in the case of these 4 + 1 spells) would be to compare the id of the triggered spells for different ranks.

I think this can work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use