A Few Simple and Not-So-Simple Questions

Guest megosh

I've been trying to figure this out for the first problem for the last week and haven't come up with a solution. I'm trying to make players obtain 50s on assist kill and when someone in a party kills a player. I tried popping a few things into the HK handler, but that failed and cause my server to crash... as well as about 5 other places with the same failure. Does anyone know where in player.cpp or unit.cpp I need to stick the script?

The second question involves something completely different: I'm trying to make it so players can't be in a group while on a certain map. I assume that the script would need to periodically check if the player is both on this map and in a group. If they are, disband it. I understand c++ to an extent, but this one is completely beyond me at this point in time. I understand that there could be some side effects to having such a script, but I'm willing to sacrifice speed for it. >.< If you were to give me some ideas as how I would go about starting this script, I'd be more than happy to figure it out.

Any help regarding ether problem would be greatly appreciated.

Instantly after posting this I think I just figured out how to implement the no-group on 'x' map system... The purpose is that I don't want people pvping while in a group. I'll try adding a check, on kill. To see of a player is in a group and on that map. If they are, they get booted!

Anyone think that will work?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use