Item buy requirements

Guest Hive1991

Where the client gets extended cost from? You'll never find that .cpp file because the client looks it up in ItemExtendedCost.dbc...

-edit-

To be more clear, you can only use those .dbc defined entries for items by setting its ID in the vendor entry, you cannot create new extended cost definitions (unless you modify the client).

Say you want to sell something for a "Delicious Chocolate Cake" you cannot do that, you'll have to do a repeatable exchange quest or similar...

Can I edit the server dbc and change the price there?

Yes google a bit to find out more, but as Davemm said its illegal to modify them.

Still there is legal solution which could be discussed here, you can modify the DBCHandler itself and add/overwrite the values afterwards in the server code. I saw often such hacks here in the forum you may can search a bit and modify them for your use. A perfect solution would be of course a SQL table like "itemcost_overwrite".

you can modify the DBCHandler itself and add/overwrite the values afterwards in the server code. I saw often such hacks here in the forum you may can search a bit and modify them for your use. A perfect solution would be of course a SQL table like "itemcost_overwrite".

I had almost posted something like this, but then i realized it's not going to work:

The client still looks up the required currencies in his local ItemExtendedCost.dbc and hence it will still display the original values, or if you try to use new IDs, most likely crash.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use