Standalone Chat Client

Thank you for the replies.

I've had plans on writing something similar myself (but as a plugin for my IM client). Unfortunately I'm lacking the time for it at the moment, but I've found that mangosclient, a.k.a. pseuwow seems like a pretty good implementation of the client-side. (N.B: I haven't actually tested it with a recent version)

You could also check out the sticky ("Possible To Make A Client") in this subforum where they discuss this, they might have covered this specific functionality there.

Best of luck!

I already knew that one, but thought it wasn't what I wanted, but ill take a look at it.
Someone made a python client a while back on here. You may be able to find it if you search for it.

yeah i found it here http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=4041, thank you for the tip.

• 39 years later...

Hi,

i have searched the forums and the internet and haven't found anything similiar to what I wanted.

I would like a client that could connect to a mangos server with the only purpose of using the chat channels. It would simulate the connection, login and realm/character selection, log in to world and nothing more.

I found MangChat, it's very close to it, but requires a lot of code modifications and I want something that doesn't touch the mangos code, so I can connect on any server.

If there isn't any, how hard would it be to develop one? I have some knowledge on programming, tried to make a program that connect and interact with a mangos server but wasnt sucessful, I couldn't seem to understand what exactly I should send/receive.

Thanks in advance.

I've had plans on writing something similar myself (but as a plugin for my IM client). Unfortunately I'm lacking the time for it at the moment, but I've found that mangosclient, a.k.a. pseuwow seems like a pretty good implementation of the client-side. (N.B: I haven't actually tested it with a recent version)

You could also check out the sticky ("Possible To Make A Client") in this subforum where they discuss this, they might have covered this specific functionality there.

Best of luck!