wow client server model???

Guest pjldbzl

I was just wandering how WoW works, i know there is a client server(mangos) but as far as the client goes, how does the client mechanics work, is everything done by the server, like does it send a request to the server to move around then the server accepts the request, or does the client do that part. Also like the AI of the game is it done only on the server or does the client do some work? Any general info on how WoW works would be great :D

There's a very detailed documentation about that called source code :D

Seriously, if you're interested in who handles what, take a look at the class structure, opcodes being processed (WorldSession and related code) etc.

Some of the anti-cheat threads/patches may also illustrate how it works and why you can cheat the system. Player movement is a typical cheating concern for example...

As your question is not very specific, i don't know what else to tell you...unless player and creature movement generation were the only things you wanted to know...

nah youve answered it, ill have to take a look at the source code, mainly i was trying to figure out what all the client handles, cause i know there has to be a way to were players cant cheat, ive looked at many types of models like P2P and client server, a P2P model might sound like a security risk but theres a company that has emplimented sercurity via certificates.

cause i know there has to be a way to were players cant cheat

Nope, impossible. As long as people have the access to their computers like they do right now, it just is not possible to prevent cheating completely. There are preventative measures, like Warden, but these are still limited.

And, might I add, even if WoW only ran on super high security computers that didn't let you do anything, it's still vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use