[fix][8708] Drain Soul

Guest KiriX

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

Fix damage from Drain Soul.

If the target is at or below 25% health, Drain Soul causes four times the normal damage.

For which repository revision was the patch created?

Who has been writing this patch?

Me

diff --git a/src/game/SpellAuras.cpp b/src/game/SpellAuras.cpp
index 8015555..f781916 100644
--- a/src/game/SpellAuras.cpp
+++ b/src/game/SpellAuras.cpp
@@ -4469,6 +4469,16 @@ void Aura::HandlePeriodicDamage(bool apply, bool Real)
                }
                break;
            }
+			case SPELLFAMILY_WARLOCK:
+			{
+				if (m_spellProto->SpellIconID == 113)
+				{
+					if (m_target->GetHealth() <= m_target->GetMaxHealth()*0.25f)
+						m_modifier.m_amount *= 4;
+					return;
+				}
+				break;
+			}
            case SPELLFAMILY_WARRIOR:
            {
                // Rend

i think it ins´t working properly.

the spell does 710 damage over 15 seconds, 142 damage every 3 seconds.

the spell takes 42,9% os spell damage.

with 2011 of spell damage:

999 normal damage

1600-1800 at 25% (that is not 999x4)

it´s only me?

Damage is 4x tick (4x 999)

Some research...

http://wowmb.net/forums/f9/35729-maximizing_drain_soul/#post273407

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47855#comments:id=560606

( http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t38995-drain_soul_attempted_math/ )

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t37900-dots_you_affliction_warlock_thread/#Drain_Soul

• 1 month later...

I found a little bug related to this fix - according to wowhead comments, if Drain Soul is casted on a target below or at 25% HP, the damage should be still 4 times higher even if the target gets during the channneling over 25% of its HP (f.e. it is healed by somebody...).

Currently, the damage is 4x higher if at the time of the periodic tick is target below or at 25% HP.

I found a little bug related to this fix - according to wowhead comments, if Drain Soul is casted on a target below or at 25% HP, the damage should be still 4 times higher even if the target gets during the channneling over 25% of its HP (f.e. it is healed by somebody...).

Currently, the damage is 4x higher if at the time of the periodic tick is target below or at 25% HP.

well first of all drain soul is not only spell that is affected by this bug, there are a lot more spells. The problem is that the dmg should be calculated at the moment of casting, but currently it is calculated for every tick. Same problem is with lava burst for example, many ele shamans exploit it, they first cast lava burst and right after that they cast flame shock, so when the spell hits target it is crit, but again the dmg should be calculated at the moment of casting not at the moment of impact...

Thank you for explanation :)

But I still do not understand one thing - what is the difference between damage done a taken? Aren't those two supposed to be equal? I.e. the damage that caster does to target is equal to the damage that target takes from caster...Or do I interpret it wrongly?

That's quite common amongst all HoTs/DoTs and delayed spells - their bonus damage, crit chance, multiplier ets. should be taken from the moment the spell is cast, but Mangos calculates that when they deal damage.

Thank you for explanation :)

But I still do not understand one thing - what is the difference between damage done a taken? Aren't those two supposed to be equal? I.e. the damage that caster does to target is equal to the damage that target takes from caster...Or do I interpret it wrongly?

Damage done does not include effects that increase/reduce damage taken - eg. dampen/amplify magic, curse of elements. And yes, theese should be calculated on hit.

Unsure how crit chance should be calculated, but most likely chance to critically hit should be calculated on cast and chance to BE critically hit (ie. modiifers like Molten armor or resilience) should be calculated on hit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use