Increasing Mangos Stability

• 2 months later...

Most changes are no longer necesary it seems. Can't speak for the WotLK branch, but the TBC branch now runs by default pretty stable already, getting 2 ~ 3 days of uptime here with a core without stability patches, around ~250 users online.

Unless someone has additional patches / hacks to increase stability I'd say that, at least for now, this topic is no longer necesary :)

Most changes are no longer necesary it seems. Can't speak for the WotLK branch, but the TBC branch now runs by default pretty stable already, getting 2 ~ 3 days of uptime here with a core without stability patches, around ~250 users online.

Unless someone has additional patches / hacks to increase stability I'd say that, at least for now, this topic is no longer necesary :)

Thanks for the info, I use only the TBC branch. Just wasn't sure if its still stable after the latest GUID management related changes.

We recently went from 8719-0.12 to 9524-0.12. Where in 8719 we needed reflective shield patch, spell loop patch and a few other tweaks to keep it stable, 9524 runs several days uptime 'out of the box' so to speak. Stability-wise, it's a great improvement.

Keep in mind though that upgrading did introduce new bugs - some severe, some minor. We've had trouble with Shadow Weaving (though fixed now), hunter's Kill Command, battleground object buffs (also fixed now), death bug (people being dead but still able to cast), mind control, blink (but that was already bugged), hunters pet getting out of combat too quickly, object-related quests (like the Warlock voidwalker chain - probably due to the new gossip system), warlocks' seed of corruption suddenly hitting friendlies as well and a few other minor inconveniences. Overall, I'd say it's half good, half bad. I strongly advice you to test well before patching :)

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...