anti WPE

Guest CHili

I had noticed that when using WPE player and cloning of things going on in the console the following error:

2009-11-14 21:02:12 ERROR: Player (GUID: 84315 Name: Ezikks):: _SaveInventory - the bag (255) and slot (255) values for the item with guid 30,345,599 are incorrect, the player doesn't have an item at that position!

This led to the idea that if cloning kick player from server we have to protect themselves at least partly on the WPE.

as output

GetSession () -> KickPlayer ();

I myself do not write patches, so I ask you to consider the possibility of such a patch and closure of WPE.

It's WORK!

They cloned the things and then sell them, so I saw myself as one of the players did on my eyes a 100000 gold by cloning things and immediately selling them.

In console I see it:

2009-11-14 21:02:12 ERROR: Player (GUID: 84315 Name: Ezikks):: _SaveInventory - the bag (255) and slot (255) values for the item with guid 30,345,599 are incorrect, the player doesn't have an item at that position!

would be nice if someone can give more information.. als per query it's ok (then i can post it in our internal forum)

and i at least have seen this on our server too.. but i thought it's just some internal mangos error and added nice asserts - but with no effect ^^

i think an hotfix for this is no big work if we know the cause

It's WORK!

They cloned the things and then sell them, so I saw myself as one of the players did on my eyes a 100000 gold by cloning things and immediately selling them.

In console I see it:

i can confirm, i dont know if it is working on 3.2.2 patch , but on 3.1.3. is this hack very usefull for noob people

and again....

2009-11-25 19:35:23 ERROR:Player(GUID: 96628 Name: Qweasdzxc)::_SaveInventory - the bag(255) and slot(255) values for the item with guid 32821038 are incorrect, the player doesn't have an item at that position!

2009-11-25 19:35:23 ERROR:Player::_SaveInventory - one or more errors occurred save aborted!

He make 50 000 gold by 5 min!!!!

ban them - and promise that you unban if they tell you the guide how to do it.. ;)

edit: btw pushing this thread without giving more information doesn't help.. i doubt someone wants to look at all opcodehandlers related to items.. and fix wild things without knowing how to reproduce.. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

You know.. May be this is not WPE.. just a bug of mangos.

And may be my incident was called by another reasons.

But look I've got:

One player said me, that he has discovered: "You can put any thing in the Guild bank, and then do 'Logout'. After you logined again - item is lying both in GB and in the bag. You can do this again and again"

Please, help me solve this problem or give me a beam(link) where I can find decision of my problem. What should I do?

I wanna try to delete bank's tables but I don't know will it help or not

Data:

YTDB_0.10.7_R520_MaNGOS_R8828+_SD2_R1502_ACID_R301_RuDB_34

P.S. And may be I'm wrong.. Only fake-items were created, anyway I can sold them, that's not good

You know.. May be this is not WPE.. just a bug of mangos.

And may be my incident was called by another reasons.

But look I've got:

One player said me, that he has discovered: "You can put any thing in the Guild bank, and then do 'Logout'. After you logined again - item is lying both in GB and in the bag. You can do this again and again"

Please, help me solve this problem or give me a beam(link) where I can find decision of my problem. What should I do?

I wanna try to delete bank's tables but I don't know will it help or not

Data:

YTDB_0.10.7_R520_MaNGOS_R8828+_SD2_R1502_ACID_R301_RuDB_34

P.S. And may be I'm wrong.. Only fake-items were created, anyway I can sold them, that's not good

When you logout server make save on your character I think. It's not possible to have item in GB and in your inventory. Maybe if you try conversely to get item from bank and logout and again login to get it again from bank... Not sure. It will be funny if this work.

WPE hack work on network layer and modify packets that game client send to the serevr. WPE sniff packet and then can be modify this packet and send it again and again with very good speed ;)

I'm not testing this cheat but I watch somewhere video tutorial ho to use it on simple games.

I thing this work like that:(only suppose this)

start WPE

start game

login into characher

go to some vendor and sell some item. (then WPE show packet sended by game to the server.)

WPE can modify some data in this packets and can send it to server, even if you don't have this item any more ;)

I hope you understand me.

If there is more interested people I can test WPE what exacly do.

• 4 months later...
I had noticed that when using WPE player and cloning of things going on in the console the following error:

How can I do that?

lol, you Devs don't have any idea on how to use WPE. When you want to dupe, you need to get something called ISF (Item Data Save Fail), when you get ISF, you get like a "Rollback" on all the clientside items. That's why most of WPE users put things on guild bank or send items by mail.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use