Some Spell Fixes

Guest tehmarto

Patches are made and tested by DFteam and here they are http://filebeam.com/eac00e9c18807a7c6a5f5dcdc735da41 .

We been making patches for a private project for a while now and decided it is time to share this patches. Fixes been tested on server with around 1500 testers and we didn't find any bugs or crashes caused by this fixes. Most of them are hacky but i think the following are not hacky and have a chance to get accepted:

14_vampiric_blood

16_hunger_for_blood

21_lifebloom_final_heal

22_sudden_doom - as far as i know it casts the last rank that the player has, so i made it that way

24_rend_and_tear_effect1 - but requires the AURA_STATE_BLEEDING aura state from hunger_for_blood patch

30_dash maybe?

39_quick_recovery - spell some time return double energy without this patch, one for the finishing move casted on target, and i don't know why but in action bar i see that it cast it on self too, so i guess it give energy for the one casted on self too.

46_improved_water_shield

51_the_beast_within

52_bladestorm - its only the immunity part

57_conflagrate - right now, if immolate ticks for 250 dmg, conflagrate does 1000 dmg, but if target has for example recklessness spell on him self, conflagrate does 1400 dmg instead of 1200, this happens because immolate does 20%, and if conflagrate takes bonus only from immolate it will do 1200 dmg, but it calculates the bonus from recklessness again and does 1400, all bonuses are calculated 2 times, for immolate and conflagrate, conflagrate should not take bonus from nothing, only from immolate dmg, 57_conflagrate fixes the bug

60_hex - it already fixed here http://github.com/mangos/mangos/commit/9e10c27b2a4d060e6efd8ee49fdf0c2be69b9556 but a friend that plays in offi, told me that it should remove after the target took total 5k dmg, so i made it that way, it aint gonna work without the one part for hex in 1_DBCStores, but m_amount can be set to 5000 at apply without the part in 1_DBCStores and should work

62_shadow_word_death - right now if u test on an ungeared priest it will do the same dmg to the priest as it do to the target, but if you put gear on your priest u will see that dmg done to the target is different than tha one done to the priest, because the one done to the priest don't take bonus from spell power. Patch fixes this.

And i guess some of the sql fixes.

More info about the patches:

Some of the patches require the 1_DBCStores.diff to be applied to work. For example the second aura applied from Primal Precision spell is Add % Modifier and it don't work. I change the value loaded from content (trinity do it too :P ) , i make it proc trigger spell in 1_DBCStores.diff, implant it the same way as quick recovery, and it work. Changed also blood presence to proc trigger spell so it can work too. Any case: there been added so it change the value loaded from dbc, and any case: there fixes something, i need to start adding more comments to patches. :)

spell->AttributesEx2 = 0;

And this will rejected in any case in original or this form.

Hacking in spell dbc data just create problems at next client switch and not help to anything and can be done in proper way without like horriable hacks.

Some from suggested patches related to already fixed cases. This is for example.

In fact maybe has been better post patches one per bug/patch if it still need. Then its has been reviewed in normal mode.

And this will rejected in any case in original or this form.

Hacking in spell dbc data just create problems at next client switch and not help to anything and can be done in proper way without like horriable hacks.

Some from suggested patches related to already fixed cases. This is for example.

In fact maybe has been better post patches one per bug/patch if it still need. Then its has been reviewed in normal mode.

Well I guess our mistake was that we only wanted to fix a spell, didn't care if its hacky or not. Since there are many fixes we made i decided to post them in one topic so not waste time. Can u please review them in this mode? If u tell me i need to post them in normal way (a topic for each bug report) i can do it. :)

• 1 year later...

Please take your time and only add one patch per thread with detailed explanation - otherwise reviewing is a nightmare. Anyways link is broken, patches are probably outdated and I guess Vladimir already added everything to repo that could be. Thanks for your work though ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use