Outdoor World Pvp

Guest caligin

i thinked about the outdoor pvp zones like zangar, hellfire,nagrand,terokkar,eastplaguelands and silithus: is there a way to make them work? i asked on sd2 forums but they said that something like this should be implemented in core. Where should i start for writing a patch for this?

thanks in advance

ok i tried to think about when to trigger the palyer to count for capturing the objective, and i wrote something like this

if(zone->flags & 0x8000 != 0)
       {
               if(HasFlag(PLAYER_FLAGS,PLAYER_FLAGS_IN_PVP) && !(HasStealthAura()))
               {
                       uint32 objective = newZone;
                       switch(objective){
                               case 3669:/*count this palyer for the hellfire stadium cap*/break;
                               case 3670:/*count this palyer for the hellfire overlook cap*/break;
                               case 3671:/*count this palyer for the hellfire broken hill cap*/break;
                               //cases for the other zones like halaa,zangarmarsh,terokkar...
                       }
               }
       }else{
               /*clear player from counting as objective capper*/
       }

in Player::UpdateZone (Player.cpp)

dunno if it's right, i started to look at mangos' source only a few days ago.

Now, for handling the objective control i have no idea where to start.

In the source files i found nothing of dedicated, nor i found anything searching the forums.

Anyone knows how is it handled? are they gameobjects with particular flag o special classes handled by sone maphandler or bghandler?

About the player zones, I think you need a more detailed update. Some objective areas only differ in exploreFlag, not even in areaId.

The ab nodes are handled by GO onuse spells, see Spell::EffectOpenLock() and BattleGroundAB::EventPlayerCapturedBanner() for details.

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use