Vehicles (Dev)

Guest AuntieMangos

Well I dont know what do you mean, i have vehicles + dual spec in my hardly modified mangos branch and I did not have this problem :) I will try to update repo as soon as possible, but I have some work to do now, maybe next week?

BTW trapoinet, could you please send me all links to yours and other people's modifications to PM, so I wont have to browse all 4+ pages? I would be very grateful for that, thanks :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Traponinet... do you or do you not have dualspec and vehicles working together (in other words... can you still switch back to the 1st spec after switching to the 2nd) if yes: can you post the fix? i don't want to remove the old vehicle patch from my core to apply a new patch...

sorry I think, I can not help you because the last patch is made from Wojta's vehicle branch + tester20's fix for ram spells.

The problem, conflict with Dual-spec has because many people are make the repository and added the vehicle patch,

then taken only part (not everything) from fixes patches from the Wojta's master branch and place them in the repository,

but the first source of vehicle patch is made by Wojta's vehicle branch and I do not know what they it took so You can delete.

You must look in your source code for what you got from Wojta's master branch and delete it.

or to use only clean vehicle patch for MaNGOS core [9796]

http://filebeam.com/b32b45a7c639862742c76ad08953aba8

I'm running http://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project/tree/vehicle with your Oculus and Tester20's ram spell fix...that's all

I regret that I caused the problem with Dual-spec, but the patch that breaks Dual-spec was for this:

quote from my notes:

without this core patch the items: Emerald/Ruby/Amber Essence, teleports player in his home area

(very unpleasant bug).

I found another solution that does not conflict with Dual-spec in the normal maps,

but in Dungeons still not possible to switch between Primary and Secondary Talents.

diff --git a/src/game/Spell.cpp b/src/game/Spell.cpp
index abdf46e..027d92d 100644
--- a/src/game/Spell.cpp
+++ b/src/game/Spell.cpp
@@ -362,7 +376,10 @@ Spell::Spell( Unit* caster, SpellEntry const *info, bool triggered, ObjectGuid o
    UpdateOriginalCasterPointer();

for(int i = 0; i < MAX_EFFECT_INDEX; ++i)
-        m_currentBasePoints[i] = m_spellInfo->CalculateSimpleValue(SpellEffectIndex(i));
+        if (caster->GetMap()->IsDungeon())
+            m_currentBasePoints[i] = m_spellInfo->EffectBasePoints[i];
+        else
+            m_currentBasePoints[i] = m_spellInfo->CalculateSimpleValue(SpellEffectIndex(i));

m_spellState = SPELL_STATE_NULL;

Especially for Wojta, please read post #341

This patch is not "fix-everything-where-is-word-vehicle-used", it should be only core part + some test vehicle data, not fixes for dungeons :)

You called the thread "[Dev] Vehicles" which tells me this thread is about developing vehicles for implementation in the master GIT...

and for implementation most things (if not all) related to vehicles should be working...that includes instances and vehicle related quests

*Just my opinion*

which Vehicles is compatible with a new rev and how to can use it pls??

Salja´s Vehicles down?

I think Tasssadar's should work with the newest rev...

git pull git://github.com/Tasssadar/Valhalla-Project.git vehicle

so sad... I can't get this working together with the @silverIce patchs for camera and eye of acherus. I tried to fix the merges for Player.cpp and Object.h but I still can't compile it.

if someone knows a solution to have vehicles + DK working (it can't be a repack because I use linux) I'll be eternally grateful.

ty

Although this thread is not for SilverIce's camera fix, Biali's trouble does involve compatibility issues with Vehicles and Camera Fix.

That makes it a valid question and is indeed pertinent to the Vehicles thread. Try to bear that in mind next time a similar post comes up in this topic or elsewhere, Mcrizza.

Biali, if you cannot find help here, also try SilverIce's thread but, not until it is clear no help is forthcoming from the Vehicles thread. This is suggested to prevent having others accusing you of spamming. So wait at least a day or two before asking elsewhere for help. This will also give time for those who may help here to render the assistance you need.