Make Zones Hostile

Guest Harrah

Hey I was wondering if it was possible to make all or any zones hostile within the MaNGOS Core without edit DBC files which is illegal? I know you can make areas sanctuaries by using

if(zone->flags & AREA_FLAG_SANCTUARY || zone->ID == 876)

But I wanted to know if there was a way to reverse that into Hostile/PVP zones? My goal is to have every zone Hostile/PVP but even just one would be great thanks!

Hey I was wondering if it was possible to make all or any zones hostile within the MaNGOS Core without edit DBC files which is illegal? I know you can make areas sanctuaries by using

But I wanted to know if there was a way to reverse that into Hostile/PVP zones? My goal is to have every zone Hostile/PVP but even just one would be great thanks!

You can set in config GameType = 16. This is FFA PVP - custom game type, designed special for fun servers.

Yes it's perfectly possible with no DBC file editing at all, that example is actually what you use for FFA, just simply look around for it.

But if you want EVERYWHERE to be FFA, then there is a setting in the conf file like LordJZ said, just set your GameType to 16.

You would do the exact opposite. Search for the part in the source which checks if the zone flag is set to hostile, and add an exception there.

that would not allow any zone to be affected by sanctuary, because 1 can never be greater than 2, so no zone will be set

if(1 >= 2) 
   {
       SetByteFlag(UNIT_FIELD_BYTES_2, 1, UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_SANCTUARY);
       if(sWorld.IsFFAPvPRealm())
           RemoveByteFlag(UNIT_FIELD_BYTES_2, 1, UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_FFA_PVP);
   }
   else
   {
       RemoveByteFlag(UNIT_FIELD_BYTES_2, 1, UNIT_BYTE2_FLAG_SANCTUARY);
   }

Wahlaa: none sanctuary, exactly what he asked for

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use