[Bug][0.12] Priest talent Shadow Weaving bugged

Auntie Mangos

Had not gone that far back yet, thank you - we just did a core update from 8719 (0.12) tot 9358 (0.12) and I figured one of the sixhundred or so commits between them caused this, but it was a bit hard to pinpoint the exact one :D Will see if I can find the problem, or wait for one of the dev-gods to fix it :)

//edit

Can't blame the devvers for not finding a fix - it's one tough cookie to solve. For now reverting that commit seems to work (patch) and I somewhat doubt we'll ever see a real fix - data files are simply too different for WotLK spell aura handling to work on TBC if I'm any judge.

• 40 years later...

Mangos Version: 9358, 0.12 branch. Also on 9429, 0.12 branch.

Custom Patches: None related (have the problem on a clean core too).

SD2 Version: 1573

Database Name and Version : TBCDB 0.2.2.2

How it SHOULD work: With the Shadow Weaving talent, shadow damage spells should have a 100% chance to increase the Shadow damage dealt by 2% for 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

How it DOES work: Shadow damage is not increased.

Another one that broke with our core update: the shadow weaving talent, from what I've been told essential for shadow priests, does not proc - ever. Each shadow spell should cast a stacking buff that increases shadow damage dealt, but it's never cast.

Seems there is a problem with spell procs - hearing similar reports about improved scorch and frostbite. My guess is a backport somewhere went wrong, would really appreciate anyone looking into this.