[Guide] Publish Server Behind Router

• 40 years later...

Okay, you have created your master piece and now you want to show it to your friends:

Make sure that your ISP is NOT blocking the ports you need(they tend to block web ports)

Router Side

* If you haven't done so already make sure you have a STATIC IP

* Open up your Web Browser

* Proceed to access your router usually by going to 192.168.0.1

* Open a new Tab or a new window and proceed to Port Forwarding

* Find your router, ASSUMING that you are using Apache select it from the list

* Now that you know how to Forward Ports, you also want to forward port *3724 *8085

Note: The name doesn't matter so give it any name. Also as FragFrog stated forward the server's ports

- 8085 for the default realm, and each port for additional realms you might run

* Now you need to configure the server

Server Side

* Make sure that your ISP is NOT blocking the ports you need(they tend to block web ports)

• * Common ISP blocked ports:* 25 * 80 * 135 * 137 * 138 * 139 * 445 * 1080 * 3128 * 8080 * 21 * 443 * 3389 * 33890 * 33891
    * Access your MySQL database using SQLyog(or other)
    * Expand your "realmd" database,then Expand" Tables", select "realmlist"
    sf9f6b.png
    * On the right side of your databases, selecet "4 Table Data"
    * In the "address" column place your WAN IP
    2irw4n4.jpg
    Note: You only require 1 Realm if you wish to add a local realm with your LAN IP it's your choice
    * If you do NOT have a static WAN IP(which you prob don't) then get an account with DynDNS or No-IP
    * Now if you went the DynDNS or No-IP you would give that address to your friends, if you didn't go that route the youd give them your WAN IP. They would place the web address in there realmlist.wtf
    Example:
    set realmlist (selected subdomain).selfip.com
    or
    set realmlist xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx(WAN IP)

* Your friends are ready to play

• 3 weeks later...
will3k,

Just a few corrections. The default realm port is 3724 not 3247. Also port forwarding 3306 is not required for others to log in to the server.

Thanks for sharing.

Project

Thanks i made the appropriate corrections.

day i conf a router, now is to late xD

but tks for sharing

and with yout tuto and this. Can be a good help.

Glad i could be of some help:)

You forgot to add you have to forward the server's ports as wel - 8085 for the default realm, and each port for additional realms you might run. Forwarding a webserver port on the other hand is generally not required, unless you run a website on the same machine.

As for your router address: it is just as often 192.168.0.255, 10.0.0.1, 192.168.1.254 or a variation thereof (I've encountered all these and more with different routers here). An easier way to find out what IP your router is using is by hitting start -> run -> "cmd" -> "ipconfig /all". This gives you a detailed description of your network adapters' status. Find your LAN connection (Usually called something like Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection) and lookup the value for "Default Gateway": this is the IP of the gateway used, if you use a router it will be set to that IP.

Alternatively, you can right click your network notification icon in your system tray, hit 'network and sharing center', click 'View status' for your LAN connection, hit the 'Details...' button and read out the value for default gateway there.

• 3 weeks later...

I can not seem to get my server to broadcast out of the LAN. I did what it said to do above. forwarded ports and 3306, 3724 and 8085 exceptions on firewall. I used dynaDNS for my dynamic connection. I updated the realmlist wtf and database in myql to.

My local Lan is 192.168.11.8 I put this in line 1 of realmd realmlist table I can connect on the LAN to this.

My internet IP is 98.239.***.*** (*masked) I put this on line 2 of realmd realmlist table

My dynadns address is *.thruhere.net I put this in my realmlist.wtf

I can connect through 192.168.11.8 but not through *.thruhere.net

I have comcast and I am hosting behind a router.

*edited*

I am getting Login Server Down when I try to login...

I am using a buffalo whr-g54s

I can not seem to get my server to broadcast out of the LAN. I did what it said to do above. forwarded ports and 3306, 3724 and 8085 exceptions on firewall. I used dynaDNS for my dynamic connection. I updated the realmlist wtf and database in myql to.

My local Lan is 192.168.11.8 I put this in line 1 of realmd realmlist table I can connect on the LAN to this.

My internet IP is 98.239.***.*** (*masked) I put this on line 2 of realmd realmlist table

My dynadns address is *.thruhere.net I put this in my realmlist.wtf

I can connect through 192.168.11.8 but not through *.thruhere.net

I have comcast and I am hosting behind a router.

*edited*

I am getting Login Server Down when I try to login...

I am using a buffalo whr-g54s

First check your firewalls and NATs, then check your BindIP (should be 0.0.0.0). Also try putting *.thruhere.net to the realmlist table. It might also be DNS caching delay problem.

@floydstime

Are you attempting to use the same computer the server is on to go through *.thruhere.net? Because if so, it won't work.

If you have a dydns, you only need to have that in your realmlist table. All your LAN computers should then have in their hosts file: "*.thruhere.net 192.168.11.8" or if it's the servers computer "*.thruhere.net 127.0.0.1". (Obviously without the quotation marks)

Also, as freghar says, put *.thruhere.net in the realmlist table.

Hope this helps, Blader.

@floydstime

Are you attempting to use the same computer the server is on to go through *.thruhere.net? Because if so, it won't work.

If you have a dydns, you only need to have that in your realmlist table. All your LAN computers should then have in their hosts file: "*.thruhere.net 192.168.11.8" or if it's the servers computer "*.thruhere.net 127.0.0.1". (Obviously without the quotation marks)

Also, as freghar says, put *.thruhere.net in the realmlist table.

Hope this helps, Blader.

That's why I pointed out the "NATs". The traffic can actually go through router (making *.thruhere.net work from everywhere) - most small embedded routers do that by default. It's not a clean solution, though.