3rd exansion alpha

Guest andreasaspenberg

Doubt it, unless there's a dev branch like there was for 3.3.0a, 330a-willcrashforsure.

As always, you're free to experiment and try current revisions with PTR clients but it's really pointless to ask when there will be support for client version X.X.X.

As it has been said by a very wise man here at the MaNGOS Foundation, "It will be supported when it's supported.", or something to that effect. So please be patient.

If you can't wait, then feel free to start cranking out some C++ code to build compatibility with any client you wish!

Mangos did not support TBC alpha/beta. Mangos did not support WotLK alpha/beta. IF mangos supports it, it would be an extra branch, but this is totally up to whichever mangos developers are willing to maintain it.

I think the most important thing here is: if you aren't willing to get your feet dirty and help out, just be patient.

i had a mangos server that supported wrath of the lichking beta(i think. either alpha, beta or both.) so there was mangos cores with support for the earlier alpha or beta versions.

Yes, but these were not made by mangos developers and any threads related to them were closed. There was no support for them.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, but these were not made by mangos developers and any threads related to them were closed. There was no support for them.

It was Alpha, and the original patch was created by Tom_rus (or how ever it's spelled, A MaNGOS Dev) and then continued (can't remember guys name) up to I belivie Patch 9 (on other forums) and Then kept private builds afterwards

Existanse bracnhes that can work with some beta version not related to not supporting its by mangos devs. "mangos team not support something" meaning: you can use code that maybe we make public but and not ask us about anything and not attempt use our project forum for ask anyone aother. You can use like beta branches but this is totally not our problem. Ofc this not related useful patches for like branches that help develop new versions support.

Closed as expected ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use