Shadow Word Death causes blackout (0.12 branch)

Guest letmein

Mangos Version: Im not used to git yet, could not see revision from ( git log mangos-0.12 ) but i know the date, Sun Mar 14.

Custom Patches: Only minor stuff, like start with full hp and reset cooldows before duel.

SD2 Version: Dont have SD

Database Name and Version :BCDB 0.0.2.2

How it SHOULD work: Shadow word : Death can proc Blackout on the caster when the caster takes the penelty damage.

How it DOES work: Blackout shouldn't proc on the caster, only on victim.

I've done some research, trying to learn mangos ^^ and i found that in SpellEffects.cpp the penelty damage is called.

m_caster->SpellNonMeleeDamageLog( m_caster, m_spellInfo->Id, finalDamage, m_IsTriggeredSpell, false);

and in SpellNonMeleeDamageLog it alwas call for procflags and if im right on this, thats what causing the problem.

The thing is, what i've observed. The developers of mangos want a generic way to fix the most spells, but i think shadow word death is unique in its kind as it is now.

Because if a warrior spellreflect or meta gem reflects a spell, it should be as it was cast on a victim and proc ignite and such.

Can i call on a different functions then SpellNonMeleeDamageLog which will only tell that shadow word death damaged you for shadow damage, but don't call for proc?

thanks

EDIT:

I managed to make it work properly, but im certain there is a better way :P

http://pastebin.com/9RpHjY1e

ah, thank you!

Tryed new way with,

int32 damagePoint  = finalDamage;
m_caster->CastCustomSpell(m_caster, 32409, &damagePoint, NULL, NULL, true);

Now it delays with 1 seconds, so this is much better. But it procs debuffs again, gonna look around some more.

thanks

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use