Compiling x64 version on x32 Operation System?

• 40 years later...

I was asking this question like 2 weeks ago on TrinityCore forums and didn't get my working answer..

Guys i really need it, and no i don't want that someone will compile it for me i want to know how to compile it myself as i want to fix things and make couple of custom scripts on the core later...

Anyway to compile a x64 version of TC2/Mangos on a x32 Operation system??

(Now when i'am choosing the x64 on the build config on VS2008 Pro its just doing NOTHING when the "Build solution" pressed..)

Thanks guys!

if you're using the express edition of vs, then you need the windows SDK. with all full versions (prof., team suite, etc.) you already get the x64 compiler. you just need to select 'x64' and it'll build it for x64. i've done that on windows xp (x86) and it worked fine.

if you're using the express edition of vs, then you need the windows SDK. with all full versions (prof., team suite, etc.) you already get the x64 compiler. you just need to select 'x64' and it'll build it for x64. i've done that on windows xp (x86) and it worked fine.

Please send me the link of you'r SDK, however i installed now x64 Compiler to my VS2008 Professional and now its compiling but with errors, so i've tryed to download SDK pack as you sad and it didn't help me..

so maybe you have another one.. :)

Thanks mate!

Please send me the link of you'r SDK, however i installed now x64 Compiler to my VS2008 Professional and now its compiling but with errors, so i've tryed to download SDK pack as you sad and it didn't help me..

so maybe you have another one.. :)

Thanks mate!

If it compiles without errors, what's the problem?

this has already been answered a few times. those compile errors come from the fact that you are not using vs2008 sp1. you _NEED_ to upgrade to sp1, otherwise it won't work.

with vs2008 you shouldn't need to download the platform sdk yourself, but if it still doesn't work, you might check out those links (not sure which of those you'd need):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e6e1c3df-a74f-4207-8586-711ebe331cdc

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c17ba869-9671-4330-a63e-1fd44e0e2505

it's the second link there if you already have SP1 and yes your right if they haven't upgraded but for what I listed I have SP1 and fully upgraded system with fully upgraded Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and still get those errors plus if you look at my posting it has a lot more info plus the Error list is from Core only compile no ScriptDev or mods just pure core. If I knew enough of C++ I would have fixed it myself but my knowledge is in Micro-Code not Macro-Code but I did try to figure out what to do and read the instructions that I got from the updated Tao-Ace Repo and that didn't help.

it's the second link there if you already have SP1 and yes your right if they haven't upgraded but for what I listed I have SP1 and fully upgraded system with fully upgraded Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and still get those errors plus if you look at my posting it has a lot more info plus the Error list is from Core only compile no ScriptDev or mods just pure core. If I knew enough of C++ I would have fixed it myself but my knowledge is in Micro-Code not Macro-Code but I did try to figure out what to do and read the instructions that I got from the updated Tao-Ace Repo and that didn't help.

Well i downloaded VS2008 on my Dedicated server and it works :)

But i have couple of warnings on your thread...

So if you will fix it please nitufy me :)