.maps/0004331.map is non-compatible

• 40 years later...

I can not start this server for the life of me. I keep gettng to this part and it is stuck. First off, my VMaps are all disabled (they read 0)

Second. I have made sure that I used the most recent ad.exe...

Currently I am using UDB 0.12.0 (388) for MaNGOS 9582 with SD2 for rev. 1639

I think I have used every ad.exe I could find.

WOW is updated and everything seems to be correct besides this.

I have been over it abot 50 times...

Please help

*edit*

I did have the newest database to the same point, but I was trying to just backfit it to an earlier version to work...

Thank you very much. It worked. I was using the sticky installation guide. Maybe guys whould merge the two? I done what you had said to do already, but I used a bunch of different ad.exe's and I forgot to ensure that the one I downloaded with MaNGOS was used. I am glad to say after a couple of weeks of learning I have my very own server up and running. Thank you

Thank you all very much for your support and work on these projects. I am going to donate for all of your support on this.

I cant understand... I am having the same problem:

My mangos/NEWS :

Version 0.16

* Under discussion.

* OpenSSL lib upgrade to OpenSSL 1.0.0.

* Upgrade to client version 3.3.3a (build 11723).

My mangosd.conf:

RealmID = 1

DataDir = "/opt/mangos/data/"

LogsDir = ""

my directories struture:

[mangos]# ls

Char.log bin lib svnudb

DBErrors.log data mangos udb

Server.log etc scriptdev2 zips

I am using mangos latest verstion and udb latest version as well.

the debbug window shows me that when I try to start mangos-worldd:

Connected to MySQL database at 127.0.0.1

MySQL client library: 5.0.77

MySQL server ver: 5.0.77

AUTOCOMMIT SUCCESSFULLY SET TO 1

Realm running as realm ID 1

Using World DB: UDB 0.12.0 (389) for MaNGOS 9630 with SD2 SQL for rev. 1656

Using creature EventAI: ACID 3.0.4 - Final Release for Mangos (3.3.2 Client)

Using DataDir /opt/mangos/data/

WORLD: VMap support included. LineOfSight:0, getHeight:0

WORLD: VMap data directory is: /opt/mangos/data/vmaps

WORLD: VMap config keys are: vmap.enableLOS, vmap.enableHeight, vmap.ignoreMapIds, vmap.ignoreSpellIds

Map file '/opt/mangos/data/maps/0004331.map' is non-compatible version (outdated?). Please, create new using ad.exe program.

Correct *.map files not found in path '/opt/mangos/data/maps' or *.vmap/*vmdir files in '/opt/mangos/data/vmaps'. Please place *.map/*.vmap/*.vmdir files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

thanks in advance!!

i am about to give up. Jesus! it was so easy before... now, I simply can not!

My wow is 3.3.3(11723) mac version. i use ad.exe (with crossover) from the last mangos/contrib.

put the map and dbc folder inside /opt/mangos/bin (tried to leave them in /opt/mangos as well)

nothing appears to solve that problem. so sad.

at the DataDir conf, I tried to put the full path, tried tu leave it blank, put a dot "." and nothing! it keeps telling me that 0004331.map is outdated.

tried with and withou vmaps and so... nothing, nothing appears to help.

thank you mikex for ur support... i am sure that there is trick somewhere.

thank you

i had this problem some time ago and i found that i was using an outdated ad.exe...but i see that you're using latest mangos source. have you tried to move your mangos dir to another place? try to put it in C:\\Mangos and see what happens...or wait for a new commit and try to re-download the whole source...