Newb recompile/database error

Guest djester

So I'm trying to update my server that I built. I successfully built/installed it once, but the characters were invisible.

This is what I have to update the build.

(I know it's running as root, bet form etc. But I wanted to make sure that I'm not screwing up some permission. It's temporary)

rm -rf /opt/mangos.bak

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

cd /root/MaNGOS/src

git pull

cd src/bindings/ScriptDev2

svn up

cd /root/MaNGOS/src

autoreconf --install --force

mkdir objdir

cd objdir

../configure --prefix=/opt/mangos --sysconfdir=/opt/mangos/etc --datadir=/opt/mangos

make

mv /opt/mangos /opt/mangos.bak

make install

cd ..

rm -rf objdir

cp /opt/mangos.bak/etc/*.conf /opt/mangos/etc/

So I ran through the above script this morning then applied the updates in src/sql/updates and now I'm getting this error when I try to run /opt/mangos/bin/mangos-worldd.

ERROR: Unknown column 'required_9720_01_mangos_spell_proc_event' in 'field list'

Table `db_version` have field `required_9747_01_mangos_battleground_template` but expected `required_9720_01_mangos_spell_proc_event`! Not all sql updates applied?

Normally I would just go read the forums see the various posts about the same error and act accordingly.

However this time the numbers are switched. The Binary is expecting an older changeset than the one that I have applied. Since I did a git pull and compiled I'm wondering if I screwed up somewhere else?

Well I have it working now. I started from scratch and deleted my source and binary folders. Repulled from GIT And Svn. Made and installed it and everything is good, but I would still like to know what I was doing wrong. I would hate to have to scrap everything every time I want to do an update.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use