**** is a mangos knock off and they have all battlegrounds and vehicles working

Guest shyhawk

Am I missing something? It looks like the support on Mangos is awesome, I am just not how a knock off would be farther ahead than me. So if it turns out I am just an idiot please don't hesitate to tell me that and point me in the direction I missed.

thanks

The overall difference is this:

Mangos works to make a stable server where code is optimized, safe, secure and works correctly. No hack code, no workaround, nothing like that.

Trinity works to have everything that wow has to offer, that includes vehicles, battlegrounds, etc... but at the expense of having a whole bunch of workarounds, hackish code, etc.. which leads to unstable version.

the easiest way to check this out is, read the commits for mangos for the last 100 entries. Then read the last 100 for trinity. Tell me in which you find commits like "Corrected a crash for X problem" or "Correct typo for memory problem". Since they use a lot of hack code and workaround the get more stability issues. For myself i used trinity for 2 days and had about 15 to 20 crashes. I used mangos for 9 days straight. No crash whatsoever. See my point. You can either go for stability or the other one. Which does not mean that both are working to achieve a more stable, complete version of themselves.

The overall difference is this:

Mangos works to make a stable server where code is optimized, safe, secure and works correctly. No hack code, no workaround, nothing like that.

Trinity works to have everything that wow has to offer, that includes vehicles, battlegrounds, etc... but at the expense of having a whole bunch of workarounds, hackish code, etc.. which leads to unstable version.

the easiest way to check this out is, read the commits for mangos for the last 100 entries. Then read the last 100 for trinity. Tell me in which you find commits like "Corrected a crash for X problem" or "Correct typo for memory problem". Since they use a lot of hack code and workaround the get more stability issues. For myself i used trinity for 2 days and had about 15 to 20 crashes. I used mangos for 9 days straight. No crash whatsoever. See my point. You can either go for stability or the other one. Which does not mean that both are working to achieve a more stable, complete version of themselves.

QFT.

Trinity became a fork of MaNGOS originally because they didn't agree with MaNGOS' way of development, iirc. They wanted to get more into the core and faster, even if that meant hackfixes.

EDIT: Vehicles only partially work, by the way. Most of the spells/abilities/etc for them aren't done yet, which doesn't really classify it as done.

Thank you to those that actually took the time to answer my question. I do think Mangos is on the right path as the work done here works well. For the guy that answers "you're and idiot" I think you must be spending too much time on the forums, if you can find any kind of an insult in an open and honest question. Good work is always done by Vladimir and I am glad that he is in charge of this project

Thanks, and thread should be closed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use