Compile Error driving me nuts

Don't quote me on this, but I think it might be a problem with your VC++. You have no reason to keep using that kind of outdated software anyway as the new 2010 suite works on XP+ as well (plus you don't need to set SDK directories or any of that confusing crap). My installation guide covers compilation with VC++ 2010: http://getmangos.eu/community/showthread.php?7318-Guide-Mangos-Windows-Setup

The express version is free just like all the other express VC++s have been over the years.

• 40 years later...

Okay so I have read through all the Compile guides on the website and non of them have a solution to my current compile problem. The error below happens pretty much as soon as I hit build solution. I am using Visual C++ 2005 with SDK so I open MangosdVC80.sln check to make sure the SDK directories are set correctly make sure it is set to release and win32 hit build solution and I get the error. ML.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command. The build continues but since it cannot build tbmalloc.lib the whole process stops at the end with 6 succeeded and 7 failed. I could really use some help this is getting very frustrating.

1>------ Build started: Project: tbb, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Assembling...
1>'ml.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
1>operable program or batch file.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."
1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\\Private Server\\Source\\win\\VC80\\tbb__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
1>tbb - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Build started: Project: tbbmalloc, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Assembling...
2>'ml.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
2>operable program or batch file.
2>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."
2>Build log was saved at "file://d:\\Private Server\\Source\\win\\VC80\\tbbmalloc__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
2>tbbmalloc - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Well I updated to VC++ 2010 express and now I get a new error.

12>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'D:\\Private Server\\Source\\win\\VC100\\game__Win32_Release\\game.lib'

13>------ Build started: Project: script, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

13> ScriptMgr.cpp

13> sc_default.cpp

13> sc_defines.cpp

13> system.cpp

13>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'mangosd.lib'

========== Build: 10 succeeded, 3 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I've checked to make sure it is compiling in Release and it is. Used to be an old trick of going into the dependencies then script and unchecking mangosd. Well that doesn't work with 2010 apparently.

I know that it means game didn't build. I did clean solution and build again to try and fix but get same error everytime. I have deleted my source directory and redownloaded the source again to see if something didn't get screwed up in the process and still nothing.

I know that it means game didn't build. I did clean solution and build again to try and fix but get same error everytime. I have deleted my source directory and redownloaded the source again to see if something didn't get screwed up in the process and still nothing.

game.lib means game didn't build, so then why didn't game build? You haven't posted this error yet.

I went back through the log to try and find out why game didn't build and I had no error. After it builds shared.lib the next line in the log is what is below.

10>------ Build started: Project: game, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

11>------ Build started: Project: realmd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

It seems like it just skips game.lib completely and moves onto realmd. I did it twice and exactly the same thing happens it just skips over game completely and moves on. If I try to just build game by itself I get this error below

1>------ Build started: Project: game, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

1> Player.cpp

1>..\\..\\src\\game\\Player.cpp(14275): error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before '{'

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========