MaNGOS for other games?

Guest Curs3

Actually, it's never too late. Saying it is simply makes an excuse, not a truth. I ought to know. I won't say my age, just that the first computer I ever used had a teletype terminal instead of a CRT and was about the size of a walk-in closet.

With all the free programming tools, tutorials, code repositories, forums, and e-books available for download, it's far easier to learn than it was even just 10 years ago. Even Microsoft now offers free versions of its Visual Studio line, which used to cost hundreds of dollars just for the basic versions. You can learn literally any programming language you desire at no additional monetary cost, other than what you've already invested in having a computer and internet connection.

By my experience, the one thing that stops anyone from starting a project, let alone finishing one, is the simple lack of motivation and commitment. I've said this before and it is still true:

Nothing worth having is ever easy.

I'm considering it of course I just factor in my current skills lie mostly in webdesign,art, and hardware. What language you believe to be necessary for something like this? Besides html only "programming" I've done was messing with hex editors back in 1996 making a delta force mod. ty all for the replies much appreciated!

C++ is the standard language for game programming. For scripting, you can also use C++, but scripting languages such as Lua and Python are also popular with game developers.

You can use any programming language you like. Some are better suited for certain tasks, but go with the one that you think suits your own style. Some coders like the more "seat-of-the-pants" style code hacking of C, others prefer the more structured C++, while yet others like the portability of Java.

Doing your homework now, by researching the languages that seem promising to you and choosing the best candidate, will pay large dividends in the long run when you're neck-deep in programming modules for your project.

can't thank you all enough really appreciate it. Going to look at that website tonight. Was going to go get "C++ No Fear" but this looks to be a good alternative. Books are nice to have on hand though. Ever need photoshop tips just ask!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use