MaNGOS Install on Ubuntu Server

Guest jwgesshoo

I'm following the guide on the wiki here... http://www.getmangos.eu/wiki/Compile_MaNGOS_On_Ubuntu

The script there that installs the sql updates isn't working. I'm getting...

ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 1: Unknown column 'required_9967_01_mangos_spell_proc_event' in 'db_version'

--------------

ALTER TABLE db_version CHANGE COLUMN required_9977_01_mangos_spell_proc_event required_9978_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data bit

--------------

About 200+ of those one after another. Any help I can get with this will be greatly appreciated. I've done this many times. Last time I had a GUI and used ArcEmu. A bit different. Thanks in advance for any help given. :)

EDIT: This is the script. So you guys don't have to go looking for it.

#!/usr/bin/env python
import glob, os
patches = glob.glob('*.sql')
patches = sorted(patches)

for x in patches:
 db = x.split("_")[2].replace('.sql', '')
 os.system("mysql -u mangos -ppassword -v " + db + " < " + x)

There is no 0.16 directory in my updates directory. I know it's not the script. I ran the standalone command and get the same error. It repeats itself for every database sql entry. Anyone with any solution to this?

EDIT: Ah, I see now. That's in your home directory. I will try that now. Chenkthetank, I'll let you know if it worked for me.

EDIT2: No such luck. Still spitting out similar errors. Any more advice on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Was having same issue, took the steps spiffy recommended

I just ran into this issue last night took me a little bit to find out the issue.

goto:

~/mangos/sql/updates/0.16/

run the updater python script in there.

Then go back and run the updater as per the tutorial.

Hopefully that helps man :)

Copied script into and ran from ~/mangos/sql/updates/0.16

Went back and ran script from /opt/mangos/mangos/sql/updates

Didnt throw back any errors this time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use