what epoch is mangos using?

Guest seanb

Trying to figure out what the dates are referencing in the DB. Sometimes there's an actual timestamp, but the majority of the time it appears to be a count after an epoch.

I'm using a windows system, so i'm thinking the standard would be Jan 1 1600, but the number is too small for that i think.

We were having a discussion a couple days ago about timestamps being stored in the DB.

I stated that it was using a unsigned 64bit unix epoch timestamp, which is the number of seconds that have passed since 1970-01-01. Nobody corrected me in my assumption of unix epoch being the timestamp, and it maskes sense because MaNGOS is primiarily developed under *nix environements

To verify what I've said you can take one of your DB timestamps and throw it into http://www.unixtimestamp.com/

So if you have a 32bit system you'll need to upgrade before 2038, if your running a 64bit OS wikipedia states "293 billion representable years" (haven't done the math myself tho)

Edit: I had originally posted signed, I meant Unsigned and didn't notice until after Valdimir's post, hope I didn't confuse anyone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use