Setting up my server on a remote system

in mangosd.conf the line SOAP.Enable should be turned on (off by default), RA.Enable to on for remote console is basically a telent/remote version of the console you get when run mangos from your command line

To use RA just open telnet to your servers address with the RA port afterwards (3443 default)

telnet example.domain.com 3443

it will prompt for a login, some users stated this is case sensitive (remember that the database stores this in all uppercase), on my system case does not matter (I login with upper/lower combinations no problem)

once logged you will have the familiar

mangos>

prompt where you can execute console commands remotely

SOAP is very similar to RA, only without the console prompt, instead it uses http protocol and you send it a command and it then returns the results

http://getmangos.eu/community/showthread.php?14280-How-to-use-Remote-Access&p=117316&viewfull=1#post117316

In my post on this thread i gave two examples for connecting PHP to MaNGOS, the second example is with SOAP

I'm currently using a simple PHP-SOAP script that stores 4 or 5 commands in an array and then uses a foreach to execute each array child in the SOAP connection

$remote_soap = array("127.0.0.1", "7878", "[b]username[/b]", "[b]password[/b]"); // use your own username and password
$client = new SoapClient(NULL,array("location" => "http://".$remote_soap[0].":".$remote_soap[1]."/","uri" => "urn:MaNGOS","style" => SOAP_RPC,"login" => $remote_soap[2],"password" => $remote_soap[3]));

$commandArray[] = "server motd";
$commandArray[] = "server info";
$commandArray[] = "server plimit";
$commandArray[] = "account onlinelist";

foreach($commandArray as $command){
$result = $client->executeCommand(new SoapParam($command, "command"));
echo $result;
}

The php.net manual pages for PHP-SOAP is very limited in information (this is me being generous), however you shouldn't need most of the complicated functions if all you need to do is execute commands for MaNGOS management stuff

Hope this helps, good luck

• 40 years later...

I've been running my Mangos server on my own computer for the past 5 weeks, but now i've bought a server computer, and i'm going to be migrating it to that system. It will be in a closet somewhere on a better line than i can provide it in my home.

I'm having a little trouble finding any documentation on remote tools though. I'l have a website set up in the next couple of days, so i'm going to write some php scripts to handle account management (since minimanager is outdated), but what i really need help understanding is SOAP, and Remote Access.

There are flags in the mangosd.conf file, but i'm not sure what they do, what software connects to them, etc. If i google "Mangos SOAP", i get a couple forum links, but that is it. Nothing helpful.

Can anyone point me to somewhere i can get more information, and maybe even some documentation?