Mangos Icon

• 40 years later...

I know that true-admins dislike GUI, but i looked up for scalable icon of Mangos. So, i haven't found it and tried to make it myself. I've seen some modifications of that icon and now have some versions for your choice. I'll be glad to see your comments and I'll try to improve and upgrade it.

Anyone can use it under cc-by-sa license

mangos.pngmangos002cir.pngmangorb.png

please, host it permanently anywhere, i haven't found any hosting for svg.

now hosted on pastebin.com

1 - http://pastebin.com/0qtSphxL

2 - http://pastebin.com/QerZ4u8s

3 - http://pastebin.com/1bA5xyaV

Please, tell me, what do you like and how I can improve it?

And, by the way, if you have it - share it please =)

ICO icons for Windows

Zlis, I too have changed my exe icons, and basicly how I did it was I created a pic I liked in Photoshop at 256 x256 and used a plugin to save as an .ico file then I used Axialis Icon Workshop ti create all the different sizes and formats needed. in this fashion I can make Icons for just about anything plus with Icon Factory's Candy Bar and thier packageing/converting tools it literally becomes for any machine/any program any OS from any picture...so now you know how I do it let's get creative!

Firstly, if you can, share it please. Secondly, my idea was to make scalable icons (which are commonly used in Linux and modern browsers). And, by the way, i prepare GIMP, because it isn't cost 1000$+.

Ok, here's the icons I made sofar and I do beleive they will work with linux as well they scale from top to bottom and do hace Vist/Win7 icons in there too Download link: http://filebeam.com/4926f56ecbdbff15d10829b059a1bf1f

Yes...but there is a problem with crc that way, and with Macintosh when you change a base resource you have to use ResEdit on Classic OS and on the New World OS, it doesn't convert very easy to a .pic formant which when useing Axailis or other halfway decent Icon program it auto generates because it save each picture in the set as a .pic....BUT!!!!!! with the Mac and I do believe some flavors of Linux you can use Properties and copy and paste a 256 x256 graghic in but still that doesn't change the Icon set it only put's in a temprary link to the new picture. Plus the other advantage from my way is that these same Icons I uploaded can be used to change an Imbeded set a program like Unreal Tournament where you can't just go to a folder and change a file. You have to remember that an Icon set originally was 4 Icons and now it's 6 with the newer OS's and origianlly was .bmp with Windows and .tiff with Mac now all use .pic(DAMM! ADOBE for forcing a standard! I liked it complicated...made more money that way!).

Where am I? We have the source and /dev/hands mounted to /mnt/shoulders? My question was "Who have scalable mangos icon" as i remember.

Did you taka a look at the ones I gave the link for? also in linux what format do you need exactly ie the extention and I'll see if I can format them spacificly for linux only if you need. Yhe ones I gave the link for have all sizes from 16x16 all the way up to 256x256(Windows Vista/7).

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to know that it's necessary for somebody. On some systems (4 example on my symbian smartphone) it shows incorrectly. I dunno why. I haven't used any special effects in Inkscape and all the work with shadows made with she simple objects with blurred edges.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to help you. It's a honor for me.

The main problem was to know, what is at the logo, two circles or that strange object))) At ru-mangos i've found a "matreshka" with two circles, but at wiki here i've found this.