Problem with StartPlayerLevel

Guest kingdutka

I had changed my StartPlayerLevel to 10 for a while to give my server a little boost. It worked perfectly, everyone was starting at level 10. I went back into the config file today, changed the StartPlayerLevel back down to 1, shut the server completely off, turn it back on, and make a new character... It's level 10!! I checked 5 times and I definitely changed my config file to say 'StartPlayerLevel = 1'. I also checked my server.log file and see absolutely nothing out of the ordinary... WTF?

Must be #3, "other", which doesn't make any sense.. What "other" options are there??

I tried changing:

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;mangos;realmd"

To:

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3306;root;DER;realmd"

And the server won't even come on, so I certainly am editing the correct one. Also did a file search (Ctrl+F) for "PlayerStartLevel" and found NO duplicates. Seriously, I've been running my server for over 2 years now and I have a Bachelor's Degree of Science in a computer related field. I've spent the last 18 years of my life in front of a computer... The point is, I know what I am doing so let's skip the obvious stuff here... (Sorry if that all sounds rude or harsh, I am under waaaaay more stress than I can handle atm...)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use