Pet not being removed properly, can't advance on Taming the beas

Auntie Mangos

Hi!

I've just started using MaNGOS again, and I have a problem. I'm playing as a Night Elf Hunter, and when I get to the quest "Taming the Beast" i get some problems.

I finished the first part (taming a spider) but when I finished it, the spider died, but continued to be my pet. As a result, I can't tame a new beast (nightsaber), and thus I'm not able to learn how to get a pet :P

I followed this guide when I installed and compiled MaNGOS, and as far as I know, I have week-old revisions of everything.

Is it possible to fix this problem? It would suck playing as a hunter without a pet xD

Thanks in advance :)

• 40 years later...

I've had the same problem. I'm not sure if it's fixed right now though, as the Nightsaber Stalkers you have to tame afterwards are all spawning around level 80, so at level 11 can be considered untameable. :P

Edit: It appears that after restarting the server, the problem has gone away.

Also updated the creatures table in mangos database on entry 2043 (Nightsaber Stalker) to make them spawn at more realistic levels (according to Wowhead, Thottbot, etc.)