Noob with questions

Guest Koichiisama

Howdy all, got this idea in my head today, but, with no knowledge of how to implement it, I searched for help and it lead me to this fine site. My plan is that I would like to set up a server, just for myself, so that I can look around at some things and just play around. Basically, a sandbox I guess you could say. I was reading "World of Warcraft Server for Windows - Installation Guide" that is already here on this site. First, my head hurts now. Second, I do have a few questions.

1) Will this be a server that only I can access, AKA: a non-public server?

2) How would I remove these changes so that I could still gain access, or be able to regain access to a normal, live version of WoW?

3) With the aforementioned guide, is that all I would really need in order to make this non-public server, as asked in question 1?

Finally, I would greatly appreciate any help/suggestions/comments that anyone would be willing to give me about this project. Thank you for reading this and for your time.

1) Will this be a server that only I can access, AKA: a non-public server?

Without further changes, yes.

2) How would I remove these changes so that I could still gain access, or be able to regain access to a normal, live version of WoW?

Change your realmlist back.

3) With the aforementioned guide, is that all I would really need in order to make this non-public server, as asked in question 1?

Yes.

Just as a follow-up question. If we are using the latest files, will we only be able to access things that were active in game at the time of that file? Or, is the code for old items still within the game. to explain, we upload files from 3.0.4, but an item we would like to interact with was removed in 3.0.1. Does the item/spell code still exist within the game files or is it completely removed?

I'm not sur I understood it correctly. You are asking if, for instance, a 2.4.3 spell would be in a 3.x version of the game ?

If so, no. But there is different fork of the mangos project, there is still minimum support for 1x and 2.x version of the game. Nevertheless there is no support for intermediate version like 2.2 or other like this one.

And regarding item it's mostly DB part (see third party project in teh wiki)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use