3.3.3 ad.exe with 3.3.5 maps = problem

• 40 years later...

Ok so I followed the guide that's very similar to the one here on this site. It must have been a copy paste job. Anyway, it said that Mangos supported 3.3.5 so when I got to the point where I ran the server it complained about the maps not being a compatable version. I'm assuming this is because it wants 3.3.3 maps. I ran ad.exe with my 3.3.5 wow client.

My question is, is there a way I can recompile Mangos to support 3.3.5? I did my best to go through the stickies, but I don't see anything that addresses this.

I found the problem. In the mangos conf file guide I used had me set datadir = "."

I set it to datadir = "" and it got past the error.

Of course, it only gets to [0 ms] SQL: UPDATE realmlist SET allowedSecurityLevel = '0' WHERE id = '1' and then crashes. So at least I'm past the first hurdle .

Actually here is where it crashes: SQL: UPDATE character_battleground_data SET instance_id = 0.

There are no errors in the server log file.

Ok so I followed the guide that's very similar to the one here on this site. It must have been a copy paste job. Anyway, it said that Mangos supported 3.3.5 so when I got to the point where I ran the server it complained about the maps not being a compatable version. I'm assuming this is because it wants 3.3.3 maps. I ran ad.exe with my 3.3.5 wow client.

My question is, is there a way I can recompile Mangos to support 3.3.5? I did my best to go through the stickies, but I don't see anything that addresses this.

Then i would suggest asking the guides author for help. Better still would be to read the guides here, and then ask any questions AFTER that.

Then i would suggest asking the guides author for help. Better still would be to read the guides here, and then ask any questions AFTER that.

I'm assuming a condicending tone from the way you wrote your reply which makes me wonder why you even bothered posting. I've made a reply to his post and have heard nothing. I've read the guides here and they also say the same thing.

"PART 17 - CONFIGURING MANGOS

• Open C:\\Mangos\\mangosd.conf in Notepad

• Look for the following codes (and change them if necessary)

Datadir=“.” "

How was I suppose to know you weren't suppose to have the . between the "". The log file didn't even come close to mentioning this.. Anyway, I posted here because I assumed you the whole point of the forums is to help people (this being the "help and support" section) . I searched everywhere I could find and this was my last resort. Apparently you can only post here if you already know what you're doing.

In fact it expected to be "." (dot). BUT this also expect that you will manually have mangosd.exe in same dir with mangosd.conf AND maps/dbc/vmaps subdirs in same dir and run mangosd form same directory (meaning manualy, or have in shortcut propertly setup execute directory, not only path to exe file). Ofc, this also expected that user understand what "." meaning.

Hmm. Interesting. I have my mangosd.exe mangosd.conf and the maps/dbc/vmaps all in the same folder and i manually double click mangosd.exe to launch the server. It won't work with the . in there. I assumed the . meant the current directory when I set it up. That's why I didn't give it a second thought when troubleshooting originally.

• 10 months later...

Gents,

I used the ad.exe built with my latest build, extracted the 3.3.5 maps and dbc and I am having the same problem. Maps out of date or not found yet when I check the maps folder, the map does exist.

This has happened on both Linux and Windows.

Can anyone help?

Gents,

I used the ad.exe built with my latest build, extracted the 3.3.5 maps and dbc and I am having the same problem. Maps out of date or not found yet when I check the maps folder, the map does exist.

This has happened on both Linux and Windows.

Can anyone help?

Perhaps the problem is with your data dir

open mangosd.conf and look for the DataDir line.

Enter the path to the directory where the folers containing your maps/vmaps etc are located. For example ir your maps folder is located in your /home/name/mangos/compiled/etc directory, this is the line I would try.

DataDir = "/home/name/mangos/compiled/etc"

I hope I have helped you with your server startup issue.