Change Forum Rank

Could we have an option added on the forums under "My Settings" for selecting which Rank/Title to be displayed. I enjoyed having my "Is it an apple?" rank and working up towards new ranks, but now that i've donated I just get a plain never changing rank of "Donator"

Like Toinan67 and I stated in the We need your help thread, community members should donate because they want to help not to get special recognition or a reward. I'd rather be known for my donations of code and helping with users' problems, not for donating money

Edit: We could have all the "Achievements" a member has obtained listed on their profile for users who want to see all the Titles/Ranks and member has, that way the member could display whatever Title/Rank they want on the forums but their other Titles/Ranks would still be publicly visible by other users

A Donators List already exists, actually its the View Forum Leaderss list but there is a Donators group in there already.

I just think it would be nice to have the option to choose which of my earned "titles" to display on the forums. Just like when running around in the MaNGOS world, sometimes I want other testers/developers on my server to see me as a <GM> sometimes I want them to see me as a normal user

• 40 years later...

I quite agree with you, and I think donators should be listed on a special page (like wikipedia does for example).

Every time I see a "Donator", that changes the way I read his post, like "He donated so what he says must be right". x)

It's nice to donate, of course, but it's even more nice to donate without having anything concrete back.

I'd not say no the the "Donator" title and the orange nick, simply because of what I said before : I would have the feeling to be more "respected". And that's bad, as you said we should be respected for our donations of code.

So maybe let the choice to members (even if I doubt a lot of people will hide their donator status...), or simply create a "Donator list" somewhere. That would make shine the community, instead of the title and orange nick which only makes shine the single donator you're reading :)

Well I see that I have my awesome rank back, but looking at a handful of threads none of the other Donators have ranks, not even their Donator rank is displayed. Was this an unexpected bug? Otherwise I feel very unique having the Orange nickname and a rank when no one else does lol

Edit: Actually a couple other donators have ranks now

@TheLuda are you having to change records manually to update all the donators? If so you are a very dedicated person, thanks for your efforts!

@TheLuda are you having to change records manually to update all the donators? If so you are a very dedicated person, thanks for your efforts!

Manual as in have an SQL query to determine your post count, and apply the rank again, after wiping clean the default ranks :D