Question about account reg script and website

Guest demonmage

Okay so i know if i put the script onto my website, so people can create accounts by that....but the problem is that i do not want to host the website on my server to slow it more down, and my mysql only allows for localhost connections to it =[

how can i setup the account register script on my website to work with my database without being on my server? and how do i change my mysql to allow other connections but localhost?

Add a mysql user that uses host % to connect, and that this user has access to select/update on the tables you need to access remotely.

As far as adding a script somewhere that will update your server, this is a slight security flaw giving mysql access to internet bound users, but basically allow access to the port mysql listens on and use a remote server to send the mysql queries to your server. However if your server is able to handle MaNGOS + MySQL it should be plenty fast enough to handle a single query to the database to add a user.

Just thought i would point out my server handles doing all of this just fine. FreeBSD 32bit Celeron 1.8ghz single core (underclocked to 1.2ghz max, and self adjusted using powerd at 0.15ghz - 0.6ghz idle) the server runs mangos/apache/mysql within a jail, and there are 4 other jails on the host system with their own instances of apache/mysql. cpu usage for entire system (all 5 virtual systems + host system) are generally around 0.1% - 5.0% ... these number are with 10 users connected at most

However when compiling thats a different story, system temperature rises 5-8 degrees celsius, powerd boosts cpu to 1.198ghz, and cpu usage goes to 75% - 98.5%

The point is any system should be able to handle the load of running MaNGOS/apache+php/mysql with user registration, mine uses ajax and SOAP to query the realtime position of characters within an area and displays them on a map on the webserver as an overy resource hungry example

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use