A question about hosting... (Oh gawd)

Guest Noaru

So I'm curious, starting out i'm pretty much thinking about getting a VPS. But the thing is, and if those of you who have hosting and hosting on a VPS plz help me on this. Is it best to go with a VPS which uses Swap/Page File memory than one that doesn't? e.g. XEN Architecture as opposed to OpenVZ.

I said nothing about making a public or private server at all, I'm trying to figure out a good server for mangos to set on for semi-best performance. Also 1. people make public Mangos servers a lot, and 2. a part of testing mangos for educational usage is to gather statistic information on running it in a server environment.

You wouldn't be trying to make a public mangos server, would you? Because mangos is for private educational usage only.

In any case I think this isn't really relevent. Mangos is server software; discussions about servers and server performance should come naturally to a forum such as this.

I would answer the original question but I really have no experience with virtualization. You would probably be better asking at a place like Slashdot or Server Fault.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use