PC component comparison.

vladex

Hey guys,i managed to get some money in my budget and i decided to get a pc in 2-3 months ,i want to ask you about the processor ,the candidates are i7 930 and AMD Phenom II x6 1090T.

First of all the cofings:

i7 930:

CPU socket: 1366

Proccesor Frequency:2800 Mhz

Number of cores:4

Factory built tehnology(somthing like that):45 nm

Cache (L3):8192 KB

Works on 64-bit.

Mentioning Hyperthreading tehnology.

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T

CPU socket:AM3

Proccesor Frequency:3200 Mhz

Number of cores:6

Factory built tehnology:45 nm

Cache (L3):6144 KB

Also works on 64-bit

Have to mention the Trubo core tehnology.

Second thing,prices:The intel is about 260 pounds and The AMD is 250 pounds.

I usually use the on any program from games to photoshop,videos,programming and so on.

So what do you think is the best?

Any particular reason why you want an i7 930 over and i7 860?

The 860 has higher turbo frequencies and has much lower idle power usage for otherwise comparable performance, the only reasons to get a 9xx CPU would be overclocking and SLI (or Crossfire or whatever AMD calls it again)...

Otherwise, according to AnadTech reviews the i7 930 and Phenom II x6 1090T have similar enough cost, performance and power usage to make it pretty much a matter of preference if you go AMD or Intel...

yes i am planing to buy an ATI video card just because the rate of performante/money is very good.So ill go with crossfire.And i know that AMD and ATI work a little more better than the intel one.But i have used intel from 2006 and i was very pleased with his performance.I used amd from 2000 to 2006 but i couldn't compare it because it was only 1 ghz.Note, im not an ATI or AMD or Intel fan im just opting for the best.

yea well triple-channel ram does only gives the bonus to be 2,4,6,8 GB of ram,thats good but it matters in money.

I've seen benchmarks that Amd is better than the i7 930, i7 has hyperthreading,and Amd has the Turbo core bonus. Also i forgot to say in the first post that with the turbo core the Amd has 9 Mb L3 total cache.

Also if im getting that Ati video card it has bonuses with the phenom.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use