Cant connect to my server

Guest Warlord711

I used a well known MMO(RP)G to connect to my mangos server.

I edited a file called "realmlist.wtf" but the game still connects to official server.

My realmlist.wtf looks like this:

set realmlist xx.xx.xx.xx
set patchlist xx.xx.xx.xx
set realmlistbn ""
set portal eu

I also tried only with

set realmlist xx.xx.xx.xx

nothing works.

To make sure, are you editing the correct file @ \\Data\\enUS\\realmlist.wtf ?

I've noticed on Vista and Win 7, when you install the client the data files first go into "drive:\\Program Files", but is moved later to "drive:\\Users\\Public\\Games\\" for permissions reasons. If you are using Vista/7 are you editing the correct file in?

Also on vista/7 the .wtf is not located in Data\\enUS\\ anymore but up one directory in Data\\

At least this is how everything has happened on the 3 clients I have on my private network

I edited the correct file. There was only one file at data/dede

I deleted that file for testing now. Guess what - still connects to blizzard

Also copied realmlist.wtf to \\data\\, \\data\\dede, \\data\\enGB - guess what - blizzard.

I also see a lot of these:

WorldSocket::handle_input_header: client sent malformed packet size = 18245 , cmd = 1952981076

WorldSocket::handle_input: Peer error closing connection errno = Invalid argument

WorldSocket::handle_input_header: client sent malformed packet size = 1025 , cmd = 2102022144

WorldSocket::handle_input: Peer error closing connection errno = Invalid argument

WorldSocket::handle_input: Peer error closing connection errno = Connection reset by peer

THESE NOT COME UP WHILE I TRY TO CONNECT !!!

After restart of worldd, without ever trying to connect.

maybe a setting in WTF/Config.wtf is telling the client to use a locale or realmlist.wtf other than the one that you are editing. I am not completely sure on the behavior of the client, but it would have to use a file at a static location to know which realmlist.wtf file to use whether its in enUS, enGB, dede, etc

my Config.wtf file has

SET locale "enUS"

SET portal "us"

and my client reads from enUS/realmlist.wtf

This again is a complete guess at this point, since I am not on my network in order to test on my clients

EDIT: How exactly do you know the client is trying to connect to an official server?

Oh one other thought.. when trying to connect to your server are you using an Account Name or Email Address?

Email based login will log into official server, Account will log into MaNGOS

The email login going directly to official servers as opposed to whats in your realmlist.wtf is a limitation of the client not MaNGOS and there's already a discussion going on about why email based login will never work with how the client currently handles it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use