Mangosd random error.

Auntie Mangos

I TAKE THAT BACK. In visual studio while debugging it. It says this(when mangosd) crashed;
Unhandled exception at 0x0043b34f in mangosd.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x03ab1014.

This is very common (especially when pointers go out of bound). Repeat the procedure I previously posted and this time

click 'Break' and it will take you to where the error occurred in the source code, then copy/paste the section of code when it

crashed (include which file also!) and make a thread regarding it in the Bug Reports forum here

• 40 years later...

Not at start up just randomly at no given time. I noticed it mostly dose this when some anti-spy-ware programs are active but I uninstalled all software that may be interfering with it. There is the server.log but as I said, it didn't print out an error. It got bugged. When I minimized wow(I have windows 7 btw) the mangosd window was grey showing the program is bugged or not responding as there was a window saying the program was bugged. I clicked debug and it asked me If I wanted to start a new session of Microsoft Visual(which I didn't) nor would that solve ANY of my issue's.

Here is a simple solution to debug both your mangosd.exe and realmd.exe from Visual Studio simultaneously.

* Open your MaNGOS solution in Visual Studio

* Right-click either the 'mangosd' or 'realmd' project and select 'Properties'

* Under 'Debugging' set the 'Working Directory' property to $(TargetDir)

* Click Apply and repeat for the other project.

* Right-click the project you want to debug, hover your cursor over 'Debug' then select 'Start new instance' and it should start debugging

* (Optional) To enable exceptions hold Ctrl + Alt + E and make sure C++ Exceptions, Native Run-Time Checks, and Win32 Exceptions are checked. If you get an exception like 'Control + C' that's normal, you can ignore it and continue.

If either crashes, just copy/paste the error from the debugger here.