Install problems with DB

Guest mavrick4283

Ok well i am running the newest version of mangos and scriptdev2 off the git/svn and they patched and complied fine, but when i go to start the server it stops and gives me this.

The table `db_version` in your [WORLD] database indicates that this database is out of date!

[A] You have: --> `9539_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data.sql`

[b] You need: --> `10323_02_mangos_command.sql`

And when i try to apply the patches in the update folder it gives me a SQL error saying they failed. plz let me know any more info you need to help me to fix this problem.

And when i try to apply the patches in the update folder it gives me a SQL error saying they failed. plz let me know any more info you need to help me to fix this problem.

What patches? If you apply all the patches > 9539_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data.sql they shouldn't fail.

I told patman to add an additional hint "READ THE README" or "read in the Forums-FAQ" into this user-friendlyness message ;)

There is. ;)

Ok well i am running the newest version of mangos and scriptdev2 off the git/svn and they patched and complied fine, but when i go to start the server it stops and gives me this.
 The table `db_version` in your [WORLD] database indicates that this database is out of date!

[A] You have: --> `9539_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data.sql`

[b] You need: --> `10323_02_mangos_command.sql`

Hi. This happened to me. I had to install it without using the UDB that is said updated on the web TRUNK directory.

Try droping the mangos DB and create it again. Then use the mangos SQL, mangos SQL file to create the default fields.

The game will work, but without anyone in (creatures or NPCs). Thats my problem now hehe

But... keep walking!

LOL Patman, I say that all the time. But I use PEBCAC. I do love seeing that. Oh, and Vlad; maybe you should just throw a line of text into the error message saying: "Don't ask about this!" lol

Ok, lemme give you a rundown on this. Basically your error is you don't have the properly updated database to run your core.

2 steps to solve this. 1. Use my community's PSDB; it comes with an 100% simple installer to keep people from screwing up at all. (Or any other database you'd like to use.)

2. After that, if your version is ahead of ours apply updates. (Though as of this post we're on track.) BUT if you do need updates remember this;

The error you got shows the version you have, and the version you need. Mangos made it (almost apparently) idiot proof. To fix this:

Install the updates included with your core (or if you do your own in the SQL folder) IN ORDER starting from the one after the one you have, all the way to the one you need. :cool:

Though, IDK What DB you're using that so freaking out of date, but I'd suggest using ours. (The PSDB, link's in my sig.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use