[Linux] mangos-realmdd wont start on ubuntu duo tbb

Guest ilija

Hey i got problem , my realm doesnt want to start , i get this error: ./mangos-realmd: error while loading shared libraries: libtbb.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My world does starts

Someone know how to solve?

Thx

Oh come one, stop asking for support on custom repos...and not even mention it in the first post.

TBB works fine here on Ubuntu, and 'ldd mangos-realmd' clearly shows it links to the installed lib properly:

libtbb.so.2 => /opt/mangos/lib/libtbb.so.2

libtbbmalloc.so.2 => /opt/mangos/lib/libtbbmalloc.so.2

So unless you can give details about a clean MaNGOS setup that does not work, i consider this not MaNGOS' issue.

Ok sorry for the custom repos, i have compiled clean mangos without --with-std-malloc and still got the same error on mangos-realmdd: ./realm: error while loading shared libraries: libtbb.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Then i try to compile with --with-std-malloc flag and i get a compile error:

../framework/libmangosframework.a(MemoryManagement.o): In function `operator delete[](void*, std::nothrow_t const&)':
/root/mangosrealmd/objdir/src/framework/../../../src/framework/Policies/MemoryManagement.cpp:72: undefined reference to `scalable_free'
../framework/libmangosframework.a(MemoryManagement.o): In function `operator delete(void*, std::nothrow_t const&)':
/root/mangosrealmd/objdir/src/framework/../../../src/framework/Policies/MemoryManagement.cpp:67: undefined reference to `scalable_free'
../framework/libmangosframework.a(MemoryManagement.o): In function `operator delete[](void*)':
/root/mangosrealmd/objdir/src/framework/../../../src/framework/Policies/MemoryManagement.cpp:52: undefined reference to `scalable_free'
../framework/libmangosframework.a(MemoryManagement.o): In function `operator delete(void*)':
/root/mangosrealmd/objdir/src/framework/../../../src/framework/Policies/MemoryManagement.cpp:47: undefined reference to `scalable_free'
../framework/libmangosframework.a(MemoryManagement.o): In function `operator new[](unsigned long, std::nothrow_t const&)':
/root/mangosrealmd/objdir/src/framework/../../../src/framework/Policies/MemoryManagement.cpp:62: undefined reference to `scalable_malloc'
../framework/libmangosframework.a(MemoryManagement.o): In function `operator new(unsigned long, std::nothrow_t const&)':
/root/mangosrealmd/objdir/src/framework/../../../src/framework/Policies/MemoryManagement.cpp:57: undefined reference to `scalable_malloc'
../framework/libmangosframework.a(MemoryManagement.o): In function `operator new[](unsigned long)':
/root/mangosrealmd/objdir/src/framework/../../../src/framework/Policies/MemoryManagement.cpp:37: undefined reference to `scalable_malloc'
../framework/libmangosframework.a(MemoryManagement.o): In function `operator new(unsigned long)':
/root/mangosrealmd/objdir/src/framework/../../../src/framework/Policies/MemoryManagement.cpp:27: undefined reference to `scalable_malloc'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [mangos-realmd] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/mangosrealmd/objdir/src/realmd'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/mangosrealmd/objdir/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/mangosrealmd/objdir'
make: *** [all] Error 2

hmm so kinda weird or i do something wrong

Hm you know what, I blame that on autohell, I mean, autotools. They kinda only work flawlessly when they're in the mood to.

I had the same problems when --with-std-malloc, then after messing with a lot of things it suddenly worked and i can't reproduce the problem anymore. Try with a clean build directory.

But Make and me will probably never become best friends, and since Cmake also gives us the "pleasure" to use Make, I'm currently having a little side-project, creating a waf setup for mangos...

It was a clean dir , i reverted to 10148 and it works , really weird :(

Btw offtopic but since you use ubuntu i wonder how to optimize crashlogs? i use this: sudo gdb $daemon core.* --batch --eval-command="bt ful" > crash_log_$dte.log but gives alot of info :(

Hm you know what, I blame that on autohell, I mean, autotools. They kinda only work flawlessly when they're in the mood to.

I had the same problems when --with-std-malloc, then after messing with a lot of things it suddenly worked and i can't reproduce the problem anymore. Try with a clean build directory.

But Make and me will probably never become best friends, and since Cmake also gives us the "pleasure" to use Make, I'm currently having a little side-project, creating a waf setup for mangos...

There's not really a problem with classic Makefiles (not even with GNU versions), it's just the autohell. Aside from being non-portable to windows, of course.

Yea there's not really a problem with make, it's just a pretty ancient tool IMHO.

Timestamp based rebuild is so 1980...

I've used scons for other projects and just loved it, it doesn't just blindly rebuild everything because you touched some header file (like, switching to some branch and back, or undoing a failed patch apply etc.)

It does get quite extensive with scripting though, and also can get slow on larger projects.

From what i understand, that's why waf was forked from scons but eventually was completely redone with somewhat different concept.

Anyway, i guess i will make a new thread eventually, maybe it gets some new fans, but i expect MaNGOS to go with Cmake because of the windows people...

While waf does work on windows, i bet 9 out of 10 people will scream "i need to install python? and use a command line?"

no offence, but: I will start screaming with CMake!

hey, my VC already does the job, so why to change something?

ok, I see why you need an improvement for *nix, and I can understand you would love to only have one place defining the building, but I think it is the wrong way to change a well working (and easy) way to build as we (users) have with VC

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use