Qs about player_spell, item_instance

Guest Sword1776

I noticed that when you learn new spells, they are put in player_spell. But the original spells you were created never show up there. I assume this means the server is checking playercreateinfo_spell every time the character is loaded. Is there a reason for that, or is it just one of design accidents that never got changed?

Also, why aren't the columns in item_instance broken out the way they are in item_template?

I noticed that when you learn new spells, they are put in player_spell. But the original spells you were created never show up there. I assume this means the server is checking playercreateinfo_spell every time the character is loaded. Is there a reason for that, or is it just one of design accidents that never got changed?

Why would they store the same information for each player when they can just get it from one place? This seems more logical.

Also, why aren't the columns in item_instance broken out the way they are in item_template?

Because someone a long time ago thought blobs would be a good idea. There are plans on changing this but no one has done it yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use