[10403] Mobs randomly showing as friendly (But if hostile they still attack)

Guest xeross155

Server Info

Revision 10403

Using script library: ScriptDev2 (No revision shown :/)

Using World DB: UDB 0.12.0 (392)

Using creature EventAI: ACID 3.0.4

Problem

Mobs seem to randomly show as green in the client, still if they are normally hostile to the player they will still attack and you'll be left to their mercy while you can't do anything back

I have checked DB entry info, and not all mobs of the same type are affected just a few, so some still appear correctly. Yet their DB data is exactly the same

Reproduction

Tricky as it is seemingly random, it seems to affect a certain type of mob at a time, wasn't able to pinpoint anoything

Custom Patches

AHBot, GM Mail, Auto Broadcaster. I have carefully investigated these patches and am 100% sure that they aren't causing this.

i use udb 0.12.0(388) and have never had this happen are you sure that the flags on the npc's are set correct in db?

try checking that mobs entry in the creature_template for its factions it could be set wrong

and wat is Cross-Faction Groupingm Auto Broadcaster? that says faction it could have an error recognizing a faction and is displaying it as green?

try the core without it and see if that dont fix it?

i use udb 0.12.0(388) and have never had this happen are you sure that the flags on the npc's are set correct in db?

try checking that mobs entry in the creature_template for its factions it could be set wrong

and wat is Cross-Faction Groupingm Auto Broadcaster? that says faction it could have an error recognizing a faction and is displaying it as green?

try the core without it and see if that dont fix it?

I have checked DB entry info, and not all mobs of the same type are affected just a few, so some still appear correctly. Yet their DB data is exactly the same.

Also the grouping just modifies a players faction temporarily to the current party leader's faction and as this even happens to people that have never even been in a party it can't be that. And it also looks the same to everyone, Horde, Alliance, any player really.

And the auto-broadcaster just broadcasts server-wide messages, so that's totally unrelated.

GM mode bug maybe?

It's not a GM mode bug as I've checked this on a non-gm account and a friend of mine also had the exact same issue on a non-gm account.

It modifies a players faction temporarily? that would definatly make hostile mobs turn green seems there is your bug. i know you dont want it to be that but ya its not core related if you have a custom patch that messes with factions that is your bug.

So if an alliance player gets temporarily set horde to allow for cross-faction healing. Mobs that are both hostile to alliance and horde will randomly show as friendly and not even all mobs of that type just random ones and the rest still shows fine ?

And this patch only affects player related actions because the player will still be hostile and KOS for any of the opposing factions NPCs (Guards, etc.)

It seems the patch was causing this issue, and even after removing the patch cross-faction grouping still works fine, quite interesting.

Edit: Due to the uncommon nature of this, it turned up again, so it wasn't this patch.

Additional Info

After a grid unload/load it seems the mobs are randomly affected again so something is going wrong in the core.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use