Merging with Git - Just need confirmation

Guest teacher4444

Before any user gets worried, I am a newbie with Git but I configured Git properly as explained in other guides here on Forum, I downloaded Source and compiled it fine with SD2 and now server is running as usual. :)

I just would like to know how to EXACTLY interpret certain error messages.

I have my "own" chat.cpp and other files customised with some changes I made and I have been compiling it just fine for ages (as I have compiled it fine 2 hours ago from Git repository).

When I type git pull the Source is downloaded and at the end of the list I get ERROR: src\\game\\Chat.cpp not uptodate. Cannot merge.

I then type git checkout -m My customised files are listed with an M on their left and at the end of the list I read Your branch is behind the track remote branch 'origin/master' by 10 commits, and can be fast-forwarded.

Does this mean that my customised files are not merged with recent changes and it is just mere coincidence that this does not cause problems in compilation?:o

I hope I gave enough info, like many others, I have to and WILL adapt to Git.;)

Come on guys, 42 views and noone has an answer?^_^

EDIT: My doubt is whether it is telling me that I customised such files 10 branches ago or whether thare is an issue which eventually I will pay for,

You need to commit your changes, so you'll have clean working tree before merge.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use