What Are The Chances?

Guest DaemonEvolved

I know I don't post much on any forums wither it be trinity, arc, or here I am a closed source dev who has worked on several servers and projects. And I know that it won't happen. In 4.0.1 and in the coming patches 4.0.3 and so on with cataclysm on the horizon I know the opcodes were randomized and wiped to basic shit. Its like taking the foundation of a house and turning the house in a random position to where the sink, bath tub, shower, toilet, stove, lighting, and etc are without whats needed to power, fuel, and provide water to. Which throws away 5 years of opcode work. But we can pull off this with some unity. If everyone comes together in a time of crisis like humanity always does but now seems to lack the will to. Cataclysm and the new patches are a crisis of their own for our world. The world of warcraft. This is many peoples hobby, past time, learning experiences and more. But if we don't step up to the challenge like we always do the population of those learners will decrease, the people who are doing it for a past time will leave to something else and everyone will be gone like several other games have had happen. I'm not in this thread to talk about the "release" of mangos or ANY other emulator to support 4.0.1 I'm asking will we be able to step it up and rise to the challenge not only to unite our community but to unite with the others as well. Now I've honestly on my life and my grave have never accepted a penny from any of the private realms I've worked for I've done it for passion and the will to learn and to try to continue to the challenge of bugs and problems.

End of my discussion. I'm sorry if i hit a touchy subject. I'm not asking like i said when anyone will support it I'm just asking what i said. This will be reposted on several actual emulator forums.

Thank you for listening.

~ Jason From Project-Fear, Previous worked for WoWLegacy, mmoprowow, and did work for Eternal WoW.

Thanks for the pep talk.

Mangos has project has its own developers and administrators. If anyone wants to submit patches they are welcome to.

Arc/Trinity also have their own developers and administrators. If they want to drop their software and make patches for mangos they are free to do so. My guess is they won't, and I don't think mangos developers are going to be leaving mangos anytime soon (though they can speak for themselves)

If 4.0.1 takes a long time to have working and users don't like this, then tough luck. If they care so much they should learn to help out instead of complaining in thread after thread of "whens 4.0.1 mangos come out?!"

mangos has been here ever since 2005, and as you and others may have noticed: there have been thousands of people telling us we suck, and we will sooner or later fail and be shut down by Blizzard.

There have been numerous projects, including Antrix, Ascent, etc. which at one point started to use and enjoy code created by mangos developers, and always sticked to claim those patches had been built themselves. Guess what? Sooner or later those projects discovered the end of the road because they lacked own efforts.

And guess what? Every time mangos has offered every of those projects a home, where they could actually learn stuff and do things for real.

Now let me see... what do you think are the chances that all those emulator teams will team up? Zero. Just for the same reason the topic creator has worked on a closed source emulator which surely contained code by mangos.

mangos has been here ever since 2005, and as you and others may have noticed: there have been thousands of people telling us we suck, and we will sooner or later fail and be shut down by Blizzard.

There have been numerous projects, including Antrix, Ascent, etc. which at one point started to use and enjoy code created by mangos developers, and always sticked to claim those patches had been built themselves. Guess what? Sooner or later those projects discovered the end of the road because they lacked own efforts.

And guess what? Every time mangos has offered every of those projects a home, where they could actually learn stuff and do things for real.

Now let me see... what do you think are the chances that all those emulator teams will team up? Zero. Just for the same reason the topic creator has worked on a closed source emulator which surely contained code by mangos.

You're correct about everything but antrix/ascent/whatever - they surely used lot's of code and ideas from mangos (vmaps f.e) but the reason those projects are no more is due to burlex's inability to manage such project, his attitude, as well as leechers making money out of it.

The chances for teaming up are equal to zero.

The chance of cracking cata? If they keep on randomizing operation codes the last cata patch before 5.x.x is your best bet. But it's not like WoTLK is finished, nor is TBC, not to mention - 1.12.... so why so hasty?

I don't believe it!!.. You ppl should consider yourself lucky that you have a server that you can run wow on.. and that is free.. And you still have the nerve to demand things.. lol

I wish to thank all the ppl that work on MaNGOS you guys are the best!! And please don't stop here.. continue to develop MaNGOS.. because it will be a big shame if there wouldn't be MaNGOS! :(

MANGOS ALL THE WAY!!!! smily.pngsmily.pngsmily.png

I've been around mangos from the start of it, over years I tried many many private/closed and whatever you want to call them, but I still think that mangos is the only true one. Just because TheLuda didn't fail organizing things, and invested lots of his private time in it. Also there is great support of some developers, especially Vladimir and I like the way they are thinking, they don't want to make hacks, they want to make it to work as it's supposed to. That's the real attitude. Another thing is that other community's are trying to make money out of emulators or just going closed source or wasting their time trying to ruin other wow servers, and that's just wrong. So that's why none of them will join mangos, because it's free and you have to code by some rules and not just give some crappy unstable code and tell yeah we have new version. I dreamed from my start (wowemu) to see one day all developers on one place and that's a bad dream but mangos is *really* close to it and I really hope it will prevail! :)

I don't understand what are you asking mangos devs for. It's an open source project, all work is public and accessible to everyone. You should rather go on all those closed source projects and ask for cooperation from them. The problem doesn't lie in a "knowhow traffic" from mangos to others, but from others (ironically, you being one of them) to mangos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use