[Fix] SpellBonus computation for % add spells

Guest ciphercom

Computation of SpellBonus with %-value was not correct. When two Spells both add %-Heal (or anything else) they computed the interest of interest (hope that is the right term). So two 10% heal add actually improved heal by 21% not 20%. With high stacking spells from some bosses this really added up.

Repository version was [s0368]

Author: me (github[at]ciphercom.de)

http://paste2.org/p/1061293

This is interesting topic. Since I remember, overall dps on MaNGOS servers was much too high comparing to official servers.

Some tests from players found on wow community forums prove, that many (maybe all) % modifiers should be added, not multiplied by themselves.

This (probably) bug leads (example from my server) prot warriors to 1st place in arenas or battlegrounds (because this spec has A LOT of % modifiers and when they are multipied then they gain pretty big boost in damage).

This is interesting topic. Since I remember, overall dps on MaNGOS servers was much too high comparing to official servers.

Some tests from players found on wow community forums prove, that many (maybe all) % modifiers should be added, not multiplied by themselves.

This (probably) bug leads (example from my server) prot warriors to 1st place in arenas or battlegrounds (because this spec has A LOT of % modifiers and when they are multipied then they gain pretty big boost in damage).

The main reason for much bigger values are the stacking auras.

While this can also affect the final values, its effect is less that 1% overall.

Still nice thing to have tho.

Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use